I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Old Friends Ride Again

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Old Friends Ride Again

Post by Bucho »

A good friend of mine, (actually the guy who got me into bikes 16-17 years ago), finally is back in the motorcycle fold after being bikeless for many years.
He came up and we went for a little dualsport ride. He had a spectacular getoff trying to hop a log (sorry didnt get pics). But we had a good time and hit some twisty pavement and fun dirt roads in the area too.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Old Friends Ride Again

Post by Bucho »

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
jxs2151
DAMN Expert

Post by jxs2151 »

Spectacular is always fun.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Honda 250?
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Yes, its that CRF250L. Decent dualsport bike. The previous owner spent some money on nice frkles and woke up the motor a bit.
Obviously heavy compared to a real dirtbike. But sitting a bit lower is good for my buddy. He isnt a tall guy.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Nice.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Was talking with my buddy (Adam) about our ride yesterday. He sort of came into this with the mind set of not really wanting to ride any hardcore offroad. More just have a cheap little commuter bike and do some fun backroads and dirtroads.
However, he was telling me how much fun he had on the short offroad portion of our ride.
He was following me through this area and I hopped one of the small easy logs (small enough you can really just bash your way over no technique required) and he stopped and asked me for a quick lesson. I gave him the basics of bouncing the front suspension, throttle on the rebound to get some wheel lift, ect...
The timing has to be learned and gave it a go. Got the front wheel over and promptly lost balance and fell over. He laughs and gets up still gungho to practice. Instead of circling around and trying the same small log again he gives a try at a little bit bigger log (I didnt tell him to or lead him to this log). He gives it more throttle and as the front bounces up from the log, as the back wheel bounces up and over this causes him to whiskey throttle a little and he falls off the back of the bike.
However, his pants catch on this bolt that sticks out slightly (used on the bike as tiedown point for bungees) and totally tears through all three layers of his clothing (mechanic's coveralls, jeans, and boxers) and gives him a pretty good abrasion that came scarily close to his nuts. It completely ripped open the entire crotch of his clothes.
He had a pretty good attitude about it and wanted to keep riding. I said "okay" and we rode a bit more before retreating back to my place for first aid and repairs on his clothes.
But for the rest of that part of our ride, when he scooted forward to "put his nuts" on the tank. He was literally putting his nuts on the tank.

Here is the picture of the duct tape job we did on his pants before we went back out to ride some more. Gives you an idea of how crazily massive the hole in his pants was.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I have a few friendly logs he can have a go at on my woods loop.
Looks like the bug might have bitten him....keep up the good work Phil.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Too funny. Sounds like good times.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Boom Boom wrote:I have a few friendly logs he can have a go at on my woods loop.
Looks like the bug might have bitten him....keep up the good work Phil.
Been a while since I have been on your woods loop. Not sure if Id recognize it anymore.

Nothing wrong with commuting and easy dualsporting, but yes Im hoping to slowly pull him over little by little...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200