I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Tasker's Gap Jan 3

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Tasker's Gap Jan 3

Post by Skinny-J »

J&J wrote:
Wingfixer wrote:
Skinny-J wrote: Holy cow were we young! I am trying to guess the year; based on my red snow-mobile overall's I am wearing I am going with 2008? I just didn't know any better; or to follow RRob up that hill on a big 650 (but I am glad I did....)
December 26, 2008. I'm pretty sure you weren't shaving yet. :lol2:
Hey both you guys still are pups.....
That 650 looks young in that picture too.
What's amazing/sad is that I still have everything you see in that picture, even down to the workboots. Its just all got a lot more miles on it.....
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

J&J wrote:[

Hey! I wanna go... :loveit:
If it's just us three in the truck pool I can bring my truck & trailer, if more than three then we'll need a bigger trailer.
J, you guys can park at my house. Three bikes will fit in the van. I'll be coming off of working the night before, so I will probably have one of you drive home while I crash in the back...

Btw, I love the retro pics! I vividly remember that ride. SkinnyJ and I were on our big 650s. That was my first taste of "hard rocks", and that tough trail Ken mentions we did was my bench mark of killer rocks for a while.
Though now, that trail isn't so bad at all...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I've got plenty more whee that came from! But, I'll save some for later.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

DAMN - That was back in the days when the OFG was still WORKING (UGH!) and hadn't ridden a dirt bike in 25+ years! :shrug:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
BDMaha
DAMN Expert

Post by BDMaha »

[quote="juddspaintballs"]Don't worry about your bike or your skill. The first time I rode with these DAMN guys, I was very new to dirt and on a kick start only KLR250. I sucked. Now I'm just mildly terrible. I'll be slow too. If someone mentions doing trail 495, I'll probably route myself around it. I might be dumb, but I'm not

495 sounds good to start with. Also Peter's mill rd up to the water tower would be a good start, for me. Just got back from a short dirty ride and some changes I've made to my 250 have really made it easier to ride.
2018 KTM 500 Exc-f
2017 Husky TX300
2016 Honda 500x RR
OneFaller
DAMN Expert

Re: RE: Tasker's Gap Jan 3

Post by OneFaller »

juddspaintballs wrote:Yep, I'm planning two days of riding. Cove Monday, Tasker's Tuesday. Come join us!
I'm in for Monday

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Disaster Racing
OneFaller
DAMN Expert

Re: RE: Re: Tasker's Gap Jan 3

Post by OneFaller »

BDMaha wrote:
juddspaintballs wrote:Yep, I'm planning two days of riding. Cove Monday, Tasker's Tuesday. Come join us!

I'm new here. Been trying to get a ride together on advrider then someone sent me here.
I just started riding this year and my "dirt bike" is 300 lbs.
The bikes I seen described above are great 200 lb bikes and I'm sure your a lot more c experienced than I.
I've been to the cove at least 20 long weekends but on different machinery. And tankers once so I know about the rocks. Would it be better for me to gain some riding experience b4 slowing you guys down? I cannot imagine being able to keep up. Don't be nice, DAMN it.lol. just give your DAMN thoughts
You'll be fine. Come ride.
Disaster Racing
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Gene is bringing fire, I'm bringing hot dogs and buns enough for people to eat. If you want something else, bring it. BYOBeverage

Looks like we'll have a good turn out.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
OneFaller
DAMN Expert

Re: RE: Re: Tasker's Gap Jan 3

Post by OneFaller »

juddspaintballs wrote:Gene is bringing fire, I'm bringing hot dogs and buns enough for people to eat. If you want something else, bring it. BYOBeverage

Looks like we'll have a good turn out.
Wait, what?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Disaster Racing
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Rather than the usual cold sub or bags of peanuts from the gas station for lunch, Gene is going to haul along a little grill and I'm bringing hot dogs. We'll have plenty to share. If you want more options to eat, bring it. If you'd rather a gas station sub sandwich, then FYYFFF!
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R