I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Eastern TAT variation

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
beejaytee
aka Heather

Re: Eastern TAT variation

Post by beejaytee »

Thanks for the suggestions guys... and the laugh. I busted out laughing during a very serious point in a movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

So I'm really green and uneducated with planning routes and gps use so can anyone help with that? How do I find routes that someone has made and put them in a gps. How do I plan a route and know weather a road is legal, dirt/paved, etc?

2012 Ktm 500xcw
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

IF you did the BRT Skinny-J could probably provide a ready to go package. HINT! HINT!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

juddspaintballs wrote:It will forever be known at the KY-Trail, now.
so true :deal:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

I would be happy to supply our tracks from the BRT or the Allegheny trip we did. I also have some others like the TET (rode it) and TWVT (need to ride it). My $0.02 would be that if you are looking for more technical (relatively) riding, than the BRT offers more on the over all route, but the Allegheny (which took in a lot of the TPAT and then a full day of ORV riding on the ATV trails in the ANF) is less technical on the route to get there but then a lot more technical on the ORV stuff.

Here is a link to the 2 trips:
Allegheny trip

Blue Ridge Trail

Good luck and enjoy!

SJ
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Skinny-J wrote:I would be happy to supply our tracks from the BRT or the Allegheny trip we did. I also have some others like the TET (rode it) and TWVT (need to ride it). My $0.02 would be that if you are looking for more technical (relatively) riding, than the BRT offers more on the over all route, but the Allegheny (which took in a lot of the TPAT and then a full day of ORV riding on the ATV trails in the ANF) is less technical on the route to get there but then a lot more technical on the ORV stuff.

Here is a link to the 2 trips:
Allegheny trip

Blue Ridge Trail

Good luck and enjoy!

SJ
Thanks for posting the links, now I want to go ride them all again!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

Skinny-j, I like a bit of both rides. After reading the reports I got an idea. Do you think it's reasonable to link places like the cove, mountain ridge and the Allegheny spot with dualsport worthy roads in between? Maybe some other riding areas I don't know about.
We wanted a 5-7 day trip where we would stay in cheap motels along the way. Motels mostly to keep the load down so we can do some more challenging trails.

2012 Ktm 500xcw
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

Anyone else who wants to join would of course be welcome. Just throwing that out there. We want to go later in April.

2012 Ktm 500xcw
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

I'd LOVE to do the BRT ride AGAIN! I've been or quite a few on road and off road MC trips and day for day this was EASILY THE BEST!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

Hey guys, I'm just now realizing that some of the areas we ride in PA and VA are closed during April and May. My buddy is still planning to come for a visit and will be shipping his X-trainer here. we most likey will be trucking to the riding areas instead of dualsporting. what are your suggestions for places to ride the last week of April and the first 2 weeks of may?

The cove seems to be open but I'm not seeing many other options.

Thanks for the help.
2012 Ktm 500xcw