I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shade mountain Feb 4

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Shade mountain Feb 4

Post by Skinny-J »

dirtygrunt wrote:Just curious- what route do you south of the border types take up to Shade?
For me, its straight up 83, cut through Harrisburg to jump on 22/322 and on to McAlisterville.

If you want to drive over to York, J & I will be rolling through and could pick-u up, we gots room since WF bailed..... :dirtdog:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Nice large and safe park and ride at the Dauphin exit (Hardees exit) off 322....State boys roll thru often.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I haven't gotten any of my planned work done on the bike so I'm out...
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Skinny-J wrote:
dirtygrunt wrote:Just curious- what route do you south of the border types take up to Shade?
For me, its straight up 83, cut through Harrisburg to jump on 22/322 and on to McAlisterville.

If you want to drive over to York, J & I will be rolling through and could pick-u up, we gots room since WF bailed..... :dirtdog:

I'm good, thanks.
Bruce
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Skinny-J wrote:

I blame ford.. :wallbash:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Snowmobiles would have been a better idea.

Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Whoa! Snow ride go okay?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I imagine those rocks were well hidden and quite slick
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

The snow smoothes out the rocks :angel: Any exposed rocks were good for traction :lol2: my new tire worked DAMN good even on hills. We stayed away from the really hard trails but it was a workout. Had good fun anyway :thumbup:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Once north of Harrisburg and driving up 322 J & I could see a little white on top of the mountains but there was no snow anywhere else so we were still hopeful....

Coming into MacAlisterville, there was still no snow so we were still hopeful....

In the 5 miles from MacAlisterville up the mountain to the Shade parking lot, we arrived to this:

It was a whopping 18 degrees:

The snow was a good 3 to 4" deep

Who's fuking idea was this?!!!!!

Soon after Dirty pulled in so now there was a witness that we had been there so we couldn't leave....

Then Sam and new guy Jim rolled in; the five Shade-manicacs were now together and ready. We rode the green trail out and crossed Shade Mt. Road and eventually picked up the blue trail that runs along the ridge. We took that all the way to the end, rode the road back to the green trail and back to the parking lot. Even though some of the hills required a little pushing it was still great to be on 2 wheels with some good guys.

Looking forward to going back before it closes in early April when there is NO snow.

SJ