I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Greenbriar Enduro - Sun March 12

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Greenbriar Enduro - Sun March 12

Post by Skinny-J »

I turned the page on the calendar this morning and realized that, unbelievably, the first enduro of the season is in less than 2 weeks.

Flyer

We had a great turn out of DAMN riders for last year's. This is a good enduro for anybody that might be wanting to try one for the first time. Its closed course (no tag needed) and NJ pine barrons so nothing real technical. If you ignore or don't get too concerned about the time keeping aspect, its bascially the Hammer Run but in the spring. Here is the write up from last year: Greenbriar 2016 report

Looking forward to another non-club DAMN showing!

SJ
Madizm
DAMN Wanabe

Re: Greenbriar Enduro - Sun March 12

Post by Madizm »

This looks really cool. How can one guess at their riding ability? "C" rider etc.

I have never been in an enduro so I'm not sure what to guage on...

Thinking of doing this.
2011 KTM 450 six days- parting out
2005 Honda CRF250f
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Madizm wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:32 am This looks really cool. How can one guess at their riding ability? "C" rider etc.

I have never been in an enduro so I'm not sure what to guage on...

Thinking of doing this.
So when you start out, everyone is technically a "C" rider in the ECEA. Once you win events you begin to accumulate points and you get moved up to "B" and start over with the points. Once you win enough B points you move to A, etc, etc. Now, if you already are an accomplished racer from another series, I believe you can partition the ECEA to place you based on your standing in that series. Keep in mind all the above is only IF you want to ride the entire ECEA series and compete for the series championship....

Now, if you only plan to ride a couple of events and don't care about the series, you can tell them what ever class you want. If you feel you are a B rider and want to see your results from the event ranked with the other B riders, go with that. Its really only a "book-keeping" designation as unlike a Harescamble, in an Enduro you are racing the clock and not directly against other riders in the class. On the same 1 minute row, you might have a C, B, A and AA rider (although they tend to put the AA and A riders on the earlier rows so that is why you ask for a late row if you are a C rider, so you are not getting passed all day long).

Does that help?
Madizm
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Madizm »

Yes that helps alot. This looks really cool and I am contemplating doing this or something like it. I've made it known to the wife of my desire to take my bike game further and as usual she has opinions... :frustrated:

I see last years report where some guys didnt understand the time keeping or missing a time check? I'll need to look up some info on that. Seriously thinking of this trip.
2011 KTM 450 six days- parting out
2005 Honda CRF250f
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Ill be back to working weekends so Im out this year.

But I went last year and ride a random enduro 1-2 a year. They are lots of fun and are as competitive as you want it to be.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

I guess I would have to put on my "Manly" tire to ride this. :frustrated:
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

trialsrider wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:34 am I guess I would have to put on my "Manly" tire to ride this. :frustrated:
Na! Your trails thingy in the soft sand will be fine! And, fun to watch! :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Wingfixer wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:41 am
trialsrider wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:34 am I guess I would have to put on my "Manly" tire to ride this. :frustrated:
So much trials tire hate.....think I will go to my safe space now.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Boom Boom wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:04 am
Wingfixer wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:41 am
So much trials tire hate.....think I will go to my safe space now.
Yea, I will have to point that out to someone :dirtdog: the next time I pass him on a rocky hill climb and he is bouncing all over the place
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Knobbies are certainly better in DEEP sand, but the Jersey PineBarrens isnt exactly dune riding. Trials tires work fine.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200