I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Tasker's gap 3-11? Anyone?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Tasker's gap 3-11? Anyone?

Post by juddspaintballs »

I used to think that Tasker's was easier to ride than The Cove, but now I prefer The Cove.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

I prefer the cove as well, but DAMN it adds up fast vs the $30 year permit for Taskers.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Piledup
DAMN n00b

Post by Piledup »

Lol.. Sorry that wasn't a very well sorted post.. I rode a small loop in the cove today and thought it was horrible... One climb tried to kill me, but finally got up it on my fourth attempt and then it was okay for maybe a mile, then a serious rock garden followed by a foot of mud, and then it was back on the fire road and over...
I'm not writing the place off as I haven't even seen 75% of it, but I am in no hurry to go back to that loop.. It was also made to seem worse because I had some low speed jetting issues going on and it was all or nothing
2015 KTM 350 XCF
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Rough hill climb, a rock garden, and mud? Sounds like the blue loop :lol2: The red/orange loop is better. Hell last time there we didn't even look at the blue loop.

Usually we do the red/orange loop completely, then decide if anybody wants to mess with the blue and do that or the red/orange again. Then revisit the subject of riding the blue loop again :screwy:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

That's because we spent a long time working on Skip's bike.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Piledup wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:24 pm You guys must be riding something different than I did today... I'm not sure I even wanna go back. Taskers ain't got nothing on that place.. It wasn't even fun
The first time at the Cove we were like this SUCKS then we decided we were getting some much needed experience. Now it's not bad although I still have trouble with that blue hill :knary:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

gots_a_sol wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:50 pm Rough hill climb, a rock garden, and mud? Sounds like the blue loop :lol2: The red/orange loop is better. Hell last time there we didn't even look at the blue loop.

Usually we do the red/orange loop completely, then decide if anybody wants to mess with the blue and do that or the red/orange again. Then revisit the subject of riding the blue loop again :screwy:
Yup. Sounds about right
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Piledup
DAMN n00b

Post by Piledup »

Copy that... Blue loop.

Parked way up in the back.. It was fire road for a while, then that nasty hill climb which was really only bad at the start of it.. But then more fire road, the nasty rock garden, then mud... More work than fun... And I have to believe that would be regardless of the skill level.. I'll give it another go on some of the other stuff.
Im not sure we did the whole thing, it seemed pretty short maybe 3-4 miles
2015 KTM 350 XCF
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

The blue trail is fairly short. I enjoy it for the challenge.
The red/orange trail is quite a bit longer. It has some rocky spots too but nothing as bad as the "rock garden" on the blue trail.

If you really want to challenge yourself, there are some jeep trails that have some ridiculous rock sections.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Bucho wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:14 pm The blue trail is fairly short. I enjoy it for the challenge.
The red/orange trail is quite a bit longer. It has some rocky spots too but nothing as bad as the "rock garden" on the blue trail.

If you really want to challenge yourself, there are some jeep trails that have some ridiculous rock sections.
Those jeep areas are far more trials sections than a trail. I spent some time exploring areas along the southern mountain with my trials bike and would want no parts of taking the enduro bike in that area.....follow the one stream / trail that drains out onto the blue trail about where you turn to start the climb. That run off / stream area is a little slice of heaven. Follow it all the way till you are on top the mountain....well you can try to anyhow.
Tons of crazy stuff to play on, just do it before the snakes wake up.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr