I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hatfield Mccoy trails

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Madizm
DAMN Wanabe

Hatfield Mccoy trails

Post by Madizm »

Hi all,

Just wanted to check in and report my experience this year at Hatfield. I stayed with approx 30 guys at Powerhouse ATV lodge. Crazy place with eerie history. Anyway, there were only 6 or so dirt bike riders, 10 four wheelers, and the rest side by sides. Over the last 7 years I have stayed with the same group and the bikes are starting to transition to side by sides. We had some great conditions this year, fast, a little dusty, and when the rains came the 3rd day we were there, it became a slop fest. All in all about 400 miles in 3 days. Wore out but loving it.

If any of you choose to go, please take this advice.... Go to Pinnacle and Indian Ridge trail systems. I have been to every system and these are by far the best. I have uploaded some more video on youtube, see channel here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKwiZV ... g-QcsGn7FA.

If you have any questions about the system or area, let me know. I am happy to help out. If you haven't been to Hatfield, go.

Brett
2011 KTM 450 six days- parting out
2005 Honda CRF250f
BDMaha
DAMN Expert

Re: Hatfield Mccoy trails

Post by BDMaha »

I put 500 miles at Hatfield and stayed the south end of Pocahontas trail headl this last April. I stayed at Pocahontas atv resort and hill Billy hideaway. 200 of my miles was last stay on the dirt bike. It is a very fast 40 minute ride to Indian ridge from the southern most pocohontas trail head. And yes Brett I agree that the southern part of Hatfield is the greatest. However I have gotten to know several outlaw trails that connect all three southern Hatfield trail heads. If anyone goes, gotta go to Riders Paradice which is a bar in the woods that truly has great burgers and cold beverages. From here, the best outlaw trails are in close proximity. My wife and I rode side by side from there to southern Pocahontas trailhead in 1.5 hours.

Why not have a dann riders event there in Bramwell, w.v. where there are many cabins and campsites at the before mentioned southern Pocahontas trail head. From Warrenton it's 4.5 hour drive. Best riding and diverse trails I've ever seen in one place. You can ride to 2 different power washing station too, btw. Also Bramwell and Bluewell have several places to eat, bars, ice cream , advance auto. All that can be legally riden to.
2018 KTM 500 Exc-f
2017 Husky TX300
2016 Honda 500x RR
Madizm
DAMN Wanabe

Re: Hatfield Mccoy trails

Post by Madizm »

Yeah I saw Rider's paradise last year riding to some outlaw trails. We rode through and a few from our group stopped in on way back. It truly is a bar in the woods. I agree that getting a bunch of bike riders out there together would be cool. There are downsides though. The more guys in the group, the slower it goes. Have to find a good medium.

I hope to get to ride with more from this group in the future. Really trying to make the reunion.
2011 KTM 450 six days- parting out
2005 Honda CRF250f