I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN practice riding

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

DAMN practice riding

Post by juddspaintballs »

Short notice.

I've got 10 acres. One field is a slight uphill and great for learning how to wheelie and practicing wheelies and stoppies on. I just mowed it today, so the grass is all low. I also have a reasonable loop made up that includes a winding grass track through the other field with a couple small stream hops and then a very short stint of woods and such. Maybe 4 minutes to do a loop, but still fun. I also have a practice log that is wide open all around so you can do angles on it, straight over, etc.

You're welcome to come over this Wednesday, June 7th to practice around if you'd like. If there's interest, I can drag out two large truck tires I have and set them up however, too. PM me for directions/address.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: DAMN practice riding

Post by Bucho »

Thats real nice of you to offer Jed. If I was on my schedule where I had the middle of the week off Id come out and play a little.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Dang, I've got deadlines at work. :(

We had 10 acres growing up (with hundreds of acres of woods behind our house/close to the patuxent river/jug bay). I thought it was great. I'll bet your kids love it.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Nice offer Jed.
I need a STEEP, rocky downhill with a 90 degree turn at bottom with no run out room to practice on :lol2:
Ask the RAC guys.
Bruce
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

Man, I would love to really learn how to wheelie, but jammed this weekend. A very generous offer though!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I'll have other days in the future. They'll usually be fairly short notice and mid-week, however.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Cool man, thanks!
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

That's an awesome offer. How long drive is it from dc? Can't come this Wednesday definitely, but hopefully will come some other time.
"Offroader" who can't wheelie is a joke, need to change that once :D
Every day is a good day when you ride
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I'm about 2 hours from DC
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Gene and I practiced for about 3 hours today at my house. We did a lot of wheelie practice, several log crossings and stump hops, some short/steep up/downhills and off-camber practice, and several loops around my property. I only managed to put the bike on the ground one time, and that's because I stalled going over a stump and couldn't reach the ground before I had to abandon trying to recover.

Gene could barely do a wheelie before today. Now he can just about get the front wheel up on command. He did an excellent job crossing my practice log multiple times going both uphill and downhill. There's also two smaller logs about 4' apart and not parallel near the end of my loop that he had no issues with.

I rode a little bit on that 300 EXC that's being passed around DAMN riders. She runs pretty well. I can ride a 2T a lot better now that I've learned how to ride a lot more than when I actually had a 2T. It has no problem doing a wheelie, either. It almost made me miss that 250 EXC I got from Bruce, until I remembered it doesn't have a magic button.

We didn't take any pictures or video. It's "secret."
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R