I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Polar Bear adventure rally (Gold Head Branch State Park, Florida) 4-7 January 2018

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
darrell
DAMN n00b

Polar Bear adventure rally (Gold Head Branch State Park, Florida) 4-7 January 2018

Post by darrell »

Polar bear adventure rally/ dual sport (no entry fee) 4-7 January 2018

Ride begins in Gold Head Branch State Park, about 30 miles west of Jacksonville, Florida

I did this last January, had a great time, there are (4) riding groups A-B-C D. each one is lead by a guide. Me and my son Aaron rode in (A) group with Retired Army Master Sergent Rob Butts, there was about (9) of us in the group. We rode about 120 miles on Friday and 130 miles on Saturday. We left on Sunday to return back to Maryland. Nice sand trails not a lot of single track, but nice flowing trails, with some whoops. Last year we had free Chill Lunch on Friday with a free steak dinner Friday night, Saturday's dinner/award party was $20 per-person. Ride starts at Gold Head Branch State park, at the trails boss cabin. We camped in the state park with full hook up for about 25 dollars a night, bath rooms with showers were pretty clean. Weather is about 60-70 degrees.

My plan will be to leave on Wednesday after work drive a little over 300 miles, and sleep at the Flying J truck stop off I-95 in NC, get up next morning and drive the last 500 miles, getting to the state park about 2 hours before sunset. Ride Friday and Saturday, leaving Sunday morning 7am getting home around 9pm with problems.

My route

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Edgewoo ... 477587!3e0

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/2 ... y.1254978/
“a true diamond in the rough”
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Polar Bear adventure rally (Gold Head Branch State Park, Florida) 4-7 January 2018

Post by Bucho »

I don't think I can make that, but sounds cool.

You take some interesting riding trips.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Polar Bear adventure rally (Gold Head Branch State Park, Florida) 4-7 January 2018

Post by Wingfixer »

Darrell first told me about this ride at the KAT. I'm going to try to make it, sounds like an interesting ride! And it'll give me a chance to get another of my Florida tagged vehicles actually in Florida! :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:35 am Darrell first told me about this ride at the KAT. I'm going to try to make it, sounds like an interesting ride! And it'll give me a chance to get another of my Florida tagged vehicles actually in Florida! :deal:
I wish I had more vacation time. I'd tag along.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
darrell
DAMN n00b

Post by darrell »

I'm in camp site 23 from check in at 2pm on Thursday 4, January and check 7am on Sunday 7, January. I made reservations yesterday, only a few camp site left with water and electric. You will enjoy the ride, I only use 2 days of vacation to do this event.
“a true diamond in the rough”