I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux or Taskers Gap?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Michaux or Taskers Gap?

Post by Boom Boom »

You can add in Bald Eagle, that is enough to keep from getting bored.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Twist wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:08 pm
About an hour from me is Wicomico. A couple of friends have been going down there with their kids on ATVs. It's only a four mile trail ride other than the tracks but it's a place I could go to for half a day to get some dirt under my tires. It's open Thursday - Sunday.
Twist, Wicomico is little over 1 hour for me. I am working out a new bike, so if you decide to head down there maybe I will join.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

I went to Wicomico Moto Park this past weekend and ran video on the 4 mile woods loop if you want to see what its like.
Its a generally easy run and good practice for simple seat time (I am a beginner level rider at best).
Note - The gopro smooths things out and its always a bit trickier footing in real life, and the video doesn't begin to show the slimy mud.
That place REALLY holds some water!!

2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

juddspaintballs wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:53 pm There's a slight chance I could go on the 20th. I will be in Kentucky on the 6th.
How about the 14th? That would be the day after the RAC ride but I'm game if you are!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Probably not. I generally don't ride on Sundays unless it's an event I really want to ride.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Rode Michaux today. Got up there about 11 and rode until nearly 5pm. We rode a pretty snowy road to get to the District Office where we asked them which roads had been cleared and where's it safe to ride. The guy with the gun said, "Cleared? if you think it's safe to ride have at it and if there isn't a tree across it then keep going." Many of the forest roads are still gated off and the day was about 40% in this:

Of the remaining road, about half was muddy and the other half we could rip but always wondering if there was ice and snow in the tracks just over the hill. We went around a gate or two - mainly because we didn't want to ride back down that icy hill we'd just climbed to get there but also because the Ranger said "go for it."

We had a blast tip toeing around in icy tracks in the road and the ice breaker spring 2019 ride is in the books for me.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Cool man!
Looks like some fun. Glad there were no higher speed icy mishaps. I hope to meet up for a ride later this season.
Twist wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:22 pm Rode Michaux today. Got up there about 11 and rode until nearly 5pm. We rode a pretty snowy road to get to the District Office where we asked them which roads had been cleared and where's it safe to ride. The guy with the gun said, "Cleared? if you think it's safe to ride have at it and if there isn't a tree across it then keep going." Many of the forest roads are still gated off and the day was about 40% in this:

Of the remaining road, about half was muddy and the other half we could rip but always wondering if there was ice and snow in the tracks just over the hill. We went around a gate or two - mainly because we didn't want to ride back down that icy hill we'd just climbed to get there but also because the Ranger said "go for it."

We had a blast tip toeing around in icy tracks in the road and the ice breaker spring 2019 ride is in the books for me.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Last I heard, fines for going around gates, etc was $250-$300.
Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Laoch wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:22 am Last I heard, fines for going around gates, etc was $250-$300.
I think other than the people who live in those woods, we were the only people in there. Ranger Rick seemed to have a pretty indifferent attitude like "if you're nuts enough to ride in there today, do what you want." I wouldn't have done that had there been no snow and ice everywhere. I'm a big fan of leaving nothing behind on a ride than a good impression. On the flip side though, between the gates, the snow had never been ridden/driven on so it was soft and gave a little traction.

It looks like Taskers could be open in a week or so I may head there next.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain