I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Ridge Run Enduro - Sun June 9th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Ridge Run Enduro - Sun June 9th

Post by Skinny-J »

I have never done it but its been on the list for a while. Heard its a good one from multiple people. If you look on a map, the location is between the Hancock quarry run and the Barbedwire Enduro which are both awesome rides

Looks like pretty sweet riding to me:

Here is some more info:
Ridge Run Enduro & Flyer

LMK if you want to get on a row together.

SJ
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Ridge Run Enduro - Sun June 9th

Post by Wingfixer »

I bid off for this (one of the benefits of "sharing" a calendar with you :freakey: ) I'll letcha know tomorrow night if I'm in!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

I still consider myself a rookie D-class endure novice, and always ask how technically hard the enduro would be ranked. ICall Tough-Like-RORR a 10.

The Ridge Run guys said that race is maybe a 7, and then up to a 9 if wet. So I judged Ridge Run and Broad Mountain to be outside of my current skill set.

But if Green Marble is easier than both the Ridge and Broad Mtn race, then count me in !!

What is the story on the Rattlesnake National thing??
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

BamBam wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:51 pm I still consider myself a rookie D-class endure novice, and always ask how technically hard the enduro would be ranked. ICall Tough-Like-RORR a 10.

The Ridge Run guys said that race is maybe a 7, and then up to a 9 if wet. So I judged Ridge Run and Broad Mountain to be outside of my current skill set.
So there is no confusion, Tough like RORR is a different event from the Broad Mountain Enduro (Same club but different). Broad Mtn AKA the RORR Enduro is run over a lot of former coal mining land and its very rocky (some of the same property as RAC/FRO). You have to like rocks but otherwise its very doable. It was the second Enduro I ever did and the first on my YZ 250 (before I converted it from a MX to a woods bike) and I got a second in C and still had no idea what I was doing...

I think we rode together at Granvilles, weren't you in the group ride I did with Bucho and Gene and a bunch of other guys towards the end of the day on Saturday? I don't recall anyone in that group struggling much and Granville's is not an easy place. IMHO you would be fine at any Enduro you wanted, just treat it like a trail ride and enjoy it, cut out if you get tired, and be that much better for the next one. :thumbup:

SJ
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Wingfixer wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:29 pm I bid off for this (one of the benefits of "sharing" a calendar with you :freakey: ) I'll letcha know tomorrow night if I'm in!
I hope you can make it Tulip!

SJ
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

Skinny-J.... yeah I was on the white china bike following behind you, Bucho, Gene, etc. for an afternoon loop at Granville's. And didn't get stuck on the trails we were riding.

Watching the videos from prior Ridge Run, it doesn't look too terrible at all. There must be a catch! lol

(* and yeah, those go-pro films always smooth out the worst stuff...)

But still, maybe I can hack it?
2001 Honda XR 200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

There's no harm in trying!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

DAMN REUNION is a good time to practice with the fellas!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

I'm all for that~!! Lets do some single track and you guys give me the thumbs up or down on NY event !
2001 Honda XR 200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Skinny-J wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:40 pm
Wingfixer wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:29 pm I bid off for this (one of the benefits of "sharing" a calendar with you :freakey: ) I'll letcha know tomorrow night if I'm in!
I hope you can make it Tulip!

SJ
I'm IN!!!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.