I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Moonshine Enduro 9/22

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Re: Moonshine Enduro 9/22

Post by BamBam »

Fellas - I am very pleased to say that I finished this race to the very end, and it was not easy. HOT, rocky, and the transitions were tough! At times I couldn't tell whether I was still on a transition or into an actual test. Riding over boulders, riding up a rocky water fall - transitions?? The one big stream crossing was legit - maybe 2ft deep and 30ft across?? No serious hills that I can recall. I should have some video to share later...

Starting to really get the hang of this, and little china bike keeps chugging along. I was even dueling with a couple guys who passed me, that I pursued until passing them back. This picked up my pace and I eventually finished 5th in my class of 16 (C - 50+) which was 50th out of 81 total in C-class with all ages and groupings combined. By the end I was pretty wiped out, not wanting to sit or stand for another second. Had to just lay out flat in the bed of my truck for a while. LOL

My friend with the Alta says he had a good time, and has a real interest in doing this more. He went down a few times and said that bike was pretty heavy. Power was good, but battery concept is no-beuno for long enduros. Now he is talking about an Xtrainer in the future (he needs a low seat height more than anything)
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Nice riding Adam, 5th out of 16 sounds pretty good!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

Here is my highlight reel. I get noticeably better as the day goes on, but also included clips where I smash handguards into trees. Ooofa!

Some tough transition sections at 4:06 and 9:40 in video

2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Your barkbusters were getting a workout! Good job getting through the tough spots

Nice vid
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200