I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DS Ride 10/14 Michaux

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: DS Ride 10/14 Michaux

Post by Bucho »

Thanks for putting in a pic by Long Pine Reservoir. Nice spot.

Nice ride. Lets do it again
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

DAMN! I need to catch one of these rides with you guys!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

I had a great time. Looking forward to next time. Thanks to Phil and Sonny for a really nice ride
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Really looking forward to the next one, glad to have found you guys and DAMN to ride with. Just went over the shakedown run and things that needed to be addressed. New seat, seat and did I mention a seat :jack: Glad I got to see your seat concepts John, will be ordering. 7hrs and 290 miles, my ass was done at 200. I had three ass cheeks by then..left, right and center :killingme: I was able to tweak the cycra back a little as Phil mentioned with a rubber mallet. Lost my kickstand springs, and need to address the pants burning on exhaust. Let me know the part you mentioned to address that John. Good news is no CEL, since I had this bike stripped down the first week I had it and when I put it together, the CEL came on. Contribute it to a weak oem battery, so I recharged it and never issue all day yesterday. Adding two teeth on the rear sprocket, seems to be ok. No issues with roll on above 75-80 still on slab ride, plenty on tap. Might drop a tooth on the front next time, to see.
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

FWIW, I'm running a 13T front sprocket on the 500. (stock is 15/45, so 13/45 is equivalent to 15/52 or 14/48) It can creep through technical/rocky stuff and still hit 70mph. I do the former much more than the latter so I kept the low gearing the PO installed.
The PO also installed a Enduro Engineering tall soft seat. It it quite a bit comfier than the stock one which you have found is a torture fest after some time sitting. Though I haven't used it much as it makes the bike REALLY tall. They do make a normal height version too though not sure I'd want that w/ the soft foam option? Tough unless you have them to compare side by side.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
aai
DAMN Poohba

DS Ride 10/14 Michaux

Post by aai »

Thanks for the valuable info SM, I did find this universal baseline chart to look at also, I certainly don’t need that much highway gear. Mine came stock with 14/48 now at 14/50... thinking 13 up front next as you mentioned should bring me to 3:85 from 3:43 Just working on a remedy for the under 5mph stuff clutching and flameouts which I had two yesterday, one caused me to hit the terra firmma lol. Reading up on the rekluse also but at this point being a beginner, don’t want to mask my inabilities. Certainly considering one if and whenever I get to intermediate level. The seat was an eye opener, unfortunately no tall seat for me lol but John had a seat concepts that surely would look good on my bike. I do remember buying a real small air hawk seat pad years ago for my other bike. Could easily fit in my backpack for slab ride home. again much appreciated on the gearing, definitely trying the 13 tooth now that you’ve mentioned it. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Sorry I missed it. I'm planning on Sunday the 20th for the next ride.

I was really looking forward to checking out the other Huskys.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:36 am DAMN! I need to catch one of these rides with you guys!
Yes, yes you do
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Laoch wrote:Sorry I missed it. I'm planning on Sunday the 20th for the next ride.

I was really looking forward to checking out the other Huskys.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
You guys got it good up there, no doubt would’ve been nice to see your husky and take pics also Image
I have tons of video on my helmet cam from the ride, just need to edit all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Not sure how the mapping is on the newer huskys, but most anything street legal will be lean off idle for emissions reasons. Mine has a JD power commander(?) to fix the low end fueling. The PO did it so I don't know how it was to ride before but it seems universally accepted that getting some sort of ECU tuner or a XCW ecu reflash is way better than stock.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee