I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Granogue MAVT Nov 3 2019

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
aai
DAMN Poohba

Re: Granogue MAVT Nov 3 2019

Post by aai »

Boom Boom wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:12 am
aai wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:29 am Thanks for posting this, would like to come out and spectate.. really want to get into this form of riding eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
We have been known to have a couple spare bikes around. The format is silly easy. The easiest line is very safe and just the ability to ride the trail on this property is worth the price to sign up. Last event of the season....very friendly format.
Pending on mother nature we always are having play / practice days during the winter.
now Im getting excited lol.. Ill be there regardless, truth be known Ive never seen a trials bike in real life :lol2: I will now!
I noticed you have a TRS, looked them up and they offer a convertible package like the Beta Evo Sport, tank/seat for excursions. Did you mail order your bike or do we have a dealer in the mid Atlantic?
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Miller Brothers close to Corning NY has been doing a great job supporting our area. Many yellow bikes at the events now. They are hosting a Gate trials this sunday that is very well attended so very active in trials. I just send an email and couple days I have anything I want. Yes they have a e-start trials bike with a seat and larger tank. They are smart enough to recognize we have plenty of old fart riders. Owner of TRS is multi time world champion Jordi Tarres so he knows a little about how a bike should work.
It is amazing for as small as trials is we have many brands to pick from and are well supported. Sherco and Scorpa from Ryan Young Products, Montesa from any Honda dealer, TRS is imported by Jim Snell and he was who supported Gas Gas for all the years until Gas Gas went to a factory store format. You have Beta and Gas Gas and Vertigo (reverse jug fuel injected 2 stroke) and as of yesterday Jotagas will be imported to the US thru Clay Stucky (he was Gas Gas and Sherco enduro importer). Sure not like we do not have options....keeps it fun. Then we have all the vintage bikes being kept alive from a good parts and aftermarket supply from across the pond.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

man! appreciate all the info. This will keep me busy for a bit :cheers:
I feel smarter already :lol2:
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

ADV Rider in the trials forum you have a bunch of guys with many years of knowledge. Trials Central seems a bit more stuffy....ADV Rider guys like to bust balls for a little fun. You give me a budget and I can find you a bike....a few here for starters.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

pm sent! thanks again
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

AAI, I'm planning on being there. You're welcome to ride one of my Betas. They and the 2016 Sherco are for sale too. :thumbup: Need to sell two of the three. If parking is an issue per Boom Boom we can probably meet near 95 somewhere and carpool (I havent mapped it from Indian Head to know if that's the route you'd take or not. I'm near Burtonsville.)
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Stephen, I might have to take you up on that! :cheers: But I will know for sure once I get up there to see the lines and stuff. Thanks again. Regardless will see you up there as well.
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Anybody can ride the 4 line. You'll still put your feet down a lot at first until you learn tight turning and being able to remember where to go :) I started on line 3 because it's more fun. I get terrible scores but don't care (though I'm slowly getting better.) It has helped my riding a ton.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Last year they let us park up top and had plenty of room but if dry they like to keep all the parking to the lower area and it becomes a full house. No one will get turned away, just makes for a nicer drive if rolling with someone else.
If you can score a buddy bike ride come have a go. Worst that can happen is have your ass handed to you by an 8 year old.. :killingme: Bruce you want to tag a spot in the van?
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Boom Boom wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:38 am Last year they let us park up top and had plenty of room but if dry they like to keep all the parking to the lower area and it becomes a full house. No one will get turned away, just makes for a nicer drive if rolling with someone else.
If you can score a buddy bike ride come have a go. Worst that can happen is have your ass handed to you by an 8 year old.. :killingme: Bruce you want to tag a spot in the van?
as long as the kid doesn't look at me and say "Just shut up and ride!" :huh:
then Im ok with that :lol2:
glad I caught this thread, really looking forward to it!
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F