I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Dirty Santa 2019

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Dirty Santa 2019

Post by Boom Boom »

Just signed up....who else is in? Great cause...
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I'll be there in the cube around 2300 Saturday night to camp. Looks like it's going to be a tad wet.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I'll be there at the hotel with Gene around 8 PM. We'll probably go into town for dinner.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Make sure you take rain gear and dress warm. Not looking good this weekend for the east coast. Looks like the WATR Fall Trail Ride will be postponed to the 15th.

Pottsville forecast:

SUN DEC 1
Wintry Mix
Hi 36°Low 32°
precipitation 100%
winds ESE 9 mph Humidity 85%
During the day, a wintry mix. High 36F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 100%. 1 to 3 inches of snow and ice expected.

Rain and snow in the evening turning to all snow late. Low 32F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 80%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.
Lots of cool bikes---
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

It rained a bunch last year, too.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

**Note: The worst time to travel tonight will be after midnight through about mid-morning tomorrow over the ridges and valleys west and northwest of Harrisburg. Farther south and east the threat of ice should be much more isolated, but again temperatures will be critical to watch as the rain arrives.
I'm sure the weatherman is wrong again. Have fun :thumbup:

:lurker:
Bruce
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I'm here at the hotel. The hot tub and pool are nice. Gene and Mel are almost here. Bring on the weather!
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Gene, Mel, and I woke up and prepared to ride early. We made it to the parking area at 0638. Registration was supposed to open at 0630. They were not ready, yet. It was freezing raining lightly at the hotel, but totally clear on top of the mountain. We got checked in around 0700 and prepared our bikes. They said we could hit the trails as soon as we wanted, so we headed out. The first couple miles was new trail they recently cut that was very tight and rocky. You had to swim your bars through trees and do U-turns tighter than the bike's length all while rolling over rocks and being thrown around. It was great weather, but that first couple miles was rough. Eventually, the trail tied into some other stuff from previous years that was either rocky or not, but much easier to ride than the first section.

We made it back to the vehicles around 1000, just as the freezing rain started up there. We promptly loaded the bikes, changed our clothes, gave away our raffle tickets, and headed off the mountain. We hit the trails early and it paid off. We were the first ones out and the first ones finished and had great weather the whole time we were riding. I suspect the rest of the people riding after us had much worse riding conditions.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Freezing rain doesn't sound great. Glad you guys got your ride in early
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Yeah, I decided to see what the weather looked like Sunday morning. Woke up at 0445, saw the sheets of rain coming down here and the forcast for there and decided to go back to bed. Oh well, there's always next year! Glad you guys had a good ride! :cheers:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.