I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Balmy 50 degree sunday ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
aai
DAMN Poohba

Balmy 50 degree sunday ride

Post by aai »

Just want to extend out the forecast for this weekend. Member John F and I and hopfully more people are going out this Sunday in either Wicomico or Budd Creeks supposedly new 8 mile trail loop, basically same area. Current weather in Chaptico is clearing by noon today and highs as 50 tomorrow Sunday. The WATR ride day was cancelled so this would be an alternative if people were planning to come down to ride. :cheers:
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: Balmy 50 degree sunday ride

Post by Marylander »

Sounds like fun. I predict mud.
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

no doubt! precipitation stops this morning so hopefully helps some
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I've ridden the Wicomico MSP trail loop many times and yep, that place has a few motorcycle swallowing mud holes but it's fun to work around them. I didn't know they had a trail loop at Budds Creek, basically right next door to Wicomico. How long's it been there and has anyone ridden it yet?

Most of the heavy stuff is going north of there but I bet it'll be plenty muddy. I might sneak down there tomorrow if I hear some good things about the Budds Creek trail.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Yeah, back on the old budds woods loop I got a bike stuck in the mud for like 45 minutes. This was late 90s/early 00s.
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

yes there are definitely mud holes even in the middle of summer :lol2: As for the Budds Creek the original woods trail was nothing but a high speed banked trail, if I remember but its been 20 years. From what Ive been told there is a fresher single track trail that was put in last couple years but that thing Im sure is rutted out already from the Hangover Hare scrambles they run also. John's idea to ride this sunday so Im just waiting on which place to go. Regardless seems a decent weather Sunday all things considered and planning to take all the scoots out to keep batteries up.
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Twist wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:08 am I've ridden the Wicomico MSP trail loop many times and yep, that place has a few motorcycle swallowing mud holes but it's fun to work around them. I didn't know they had a trail loop at Budds Creek, basically right next door to Wicomico. How long's it been there and has anyone ridden it yet?

Most of the heavy stuff is going north of there but I bet it'll be plenty muddy. I might sneak down there tomorrow if I hear some good things about the Budds Creek trail.
hope to catch you down there, they are open at 11. Called Beasley yesterday
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

We’re going to meet at Budds at 12 and see what the woods loop is like. I’m riding down with a friend. Ford pickup with KTM 350 and 300. So far there’s 3 of us. Anybody else?
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

I’ll be in a grey 2dr Jeep, I’ll see you guys there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
John F
DAMN Expert