I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2020 trials school

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

2020 trials school

Post by Boom Boom »

Just a feeler on who here would attend a school by Ray Peters (Beta Trials Manager).
Would be a 2 day school.
Class size is 12 Max
$250 per person if he comes to us / $150 per person if we go to him (NW Tenn)
I would be looking for a pre-trials events date so will not be Kyler sunny - warm - dry. Just normal trials conditions.
No rain dates .. No refunds.
I would be looking to gather a group of more novice level riders to be best for all to learn.
Ray is located not far from Brown Mountain / Brushy / Windrock / Brimstone so if we went to him you could make a trials / trail bike long weekend if you wanted.
Ray has always been my favorite teacher at TTC trials days.
If you ride a Beta you will score points as teachers pet.
You can toss up reply / comments here or PM me.
Will let go for a little while to see what interest I get and if more stay local or go to his facility.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: 2020 trials school

Post by Bucho »

Im interested. Will depend on dates.
Having it here would work better for me.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

interested, yes particularly since you are looking for novice riders, Local, can't do a weekend trip.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

I'm interested as long as its not in the dead of Winter. I can't keep the extremities warm below freezing.
BTW, where is "Brown Mountain / Brushy / Windrock / Brimstone"?
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

smdub wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:48 pm I'm interested as long as its not in the dead of Winter. I can't keep the extremities warm below freezing.
All great riding areas in NC - TN.
Easiest would be go to his facility but that seems to be an issue for most.
If here odds are will be held where we had MAVT event close to Delta Pa.
More basic classes have lots of turning / climbing and off camber. That place is loaded with plenty of all the fun stuff.
Date would depend on his availability but thinking before events kick off so late March - April would seem like a time frame to aim for.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I don't own a trials bike and the closest thing I have to one is my WR250R at 300 lbs but I've been interested for some time now in doing some occasional trials cross training to improve my trail riding and even my skills on the big ADV bike. Would it be possible to come to this training and rent a bike for the class? Having never thrown a leg over a trials bike, would I be in too far over my head in this class?

I think this is something I might enjoy but I'm reluctant to drop a portion of my kid's college fund on a trials bike until I've spent a day or two on one.

What are the thoughts from the collective wisdom here about visiting the slow ride club?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Boom Boom wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:52 pm
smdub wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:48 pm I'm interested as long as its not in the dead of Winter. I can't keep the extremities warm below freezing.
All great riding areas in NC - TN.
Easiest would be go to his facility but that seems to be an issue for most.
If here odds are will be held where we had MAVT event close to Delta Pa.
More basic classes have lots of turning / climbing and off camber. That place is loaded with plenty of all the fun stuff.
Date would depend on his availability but thinking before events kick off so late March - April would seem like a time frame to aim for.
I can't wait for this! Im down for either/or. Hoping the dates doesn't fall into the Spring training at TKO area, since Ive already talked my brother into doing that also.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/trials-tra ... 6678492705
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Twist wrote:I don't own a trials bike and the closest thing I have to one is my WR250R at 300 lbs but I've been interested for some time now in doing some occasional trials cross training to improve my trail riding and even my skills on the big ADV bike. Would it be possible to come to this training and rent a bike for the class? Having never thrown a leg over a trials bike, would I be in too far over my head in this class?

I think this is something I might enjoy but I'm reluctant to drop a portion of my kid's college fund on a trials bike until I've spent a day or two on one.

What are the thoughts from the collective wisdom here about visiting the slow ride club?
Techniques apply to all bikes. Borrowing a trials bike is easy. Try to make one of Phil's invites or other "slow ride" events.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

aai wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:08 amI can't wait for this! Im down for either/or. Hoping the dates doesn't fall into the Spring training at TKO area, since Ive already talked my brother into doing that also.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/trials-tra ... 6678492705
Good find Sonny! I created a aeperate thread for the TTC event and I've signed up.

Hope Mike/Ray's school and the TTC one don't conflict. I can see traveling to go to a school as the obstacles are already set up. The ones at TTC are excellent. I'm sure Ray's place is similarly setup. Though don't know if I could handle driving to TN twice in one month span:(

Twist, riding trials halped my enduro skills immensely. Bruce is right, bikes are pretty easy to borrow.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee