I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2020 trials school

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 2020 trials school

Post by Boom Boom »

Seems to be modest interest for attending TTC. No need for 2 schools back to back.

For those not interested or not able to travel might be best to take part in a RYP school that odds are Jefferson will host in the spring and R&T in the fall.

If my work ever slows that I can take a week day I want to take up Bucho on his offer to ride his secret woods wonderfulness. I feel sure with our given skills level I could easily toss together some basics to work on.

Always a couple trials bikes to spare for demo rides and normally some for sale to get into trials that will not bust the bank. Honestly learning on a vintage based bike is great as they are harder to ride but most important you need to master body english where a good modern bike it is hard to teach proper basics because they work so well and let you get away with doing things wrong.

Knowing other schools are available I just can't see the effort to coordinate bringing Ray all the way here for a small group.

Something good to remember is Ray is 3 hours closer than TTC, if a very small group he can offer lodging with him and feed you for $40 extra per day. The reason I like a sole instructor over the bounce around classes at TTC is you can spend as much time as needed working on things important to you. TTC is a good format to get a taste of everything.

Once mother nature shows signs of spring I will get with Phil for possible dates that work for him plus a second good option is the Cove. They have everything needed and a small fee to use the land.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

I'm all for you yelling at us somewhere Mike;)
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

smdub wrote:
aai wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:08 amI can't wait for this! Im down for either/or. Hoping the dates doesn't fall into the Spring training at TKO area, since Ive already talked my brother into doing that also.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/trials-tra ... 6678492705
Good find Sonny! I created a aeperate thread for the TTC event and I've signed up.

Hope Mike/Ray's school and the TTC one don't conflict. I can see traveling to go to a school as the obstacles are already set up. The ones at TTC are excellent. I'm sure Ray's place is similarly setup. Though don't know if I could handle driving to TN twice in one month span:(

Twist, riding trials halped my enduro skills immensely. Bruce is right, bikes are pretty easy to borrow.
I’m glad you mentioned it at Emmitsburg! My brother and I are always looking for a reason to get together, he’s been in south Florida the last 30 years, a camp n ride would absolutely be the best. Unfortunately it’s only happens on occasion, but we pack up as much as fun as possible, pic is last time we camped a few years ago. Image This trials stuff is a new chapter to us and can’t wait to get it started. 10/4 on other threadImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

FYI, Fun in the Sun is March 7 - 8 at Hard Rock off road FL.
Plenty of us snowed in make a run south for the first event of the season....also Bike Week time frame.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

yeah I saw that, my brother had sent me a link to FTA, just to show me what's going on down there. I told him about that trialstore also. He used to live in Bradenton. He putts around on his KLX at Lazy Springs and looks like they have an event there coming up. Ill tell him to check it out.
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

[quote="Boom Boom" post_id=65336 time=1576765605 user_id=

If my work ever slows that I can take a week day I want to take up Bucho on his offer to ride his secret woods wonderfulness. I feel sure with our given skills level I could easily toss together some basics to work on.

[/quote]

Part of my scouting was a spot that would be good for trials practice/play
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200