I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Re: The KAT -Part Deux discussion thread

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Have a fresh pair of tires on order for the DR650.

I honestly cant remember how long the tires have been on the bike. I put a fresh front on around 2015-2016. The rear is older than that.

The rear D606 is beyond shot. The front doesnt look too bad but Im sure its well past its prime.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I ordered the Tusk brand d606 look alike. I’m guessing the tkcs on the Husky are probably not the appropriate tire. I’ve got a few months to wear them down before I swap rubber.
Bruce
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Laoch wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:33 pm I ordered the Tusk brand d606 look alike. I’m guessing the tkcs on the Husky are probably not the appropriate tire. I’ve got a few months to wear them down before I swap rubber.
I think I will do the same thing. The TKC's aren't bad for things like Shenandoah 500 where you have alot of fire roads but suck when you get to real trail. The D606 looks like a really nice tire. I have never run one but have heard nothing but good things about them.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

This guy has set up a KAT ride for May of this year. He has alot of good info and stuff to wet your appetite!

http://www.gpskevinadventurerides.com/h ... des/kat-20
Lots of cool bikes---
repoe3
DAMN n00b

Post by repoe3 »

Thought I'd join in the conversation and introduce myself; name is Robert, post under repoe3. Longtime friend of Firebolter, having shared countless miles on the road, he also introduced me to the dirt some years back. Fast forward 10 years or so and I finally got a plated dirt-worthy bike; 500EXC.

Leading up to that point, being a road and track rider with zero experience on the dirt, it saw no offroad miles the first couple years. Took some dirt riding courses last year and punctuated that with a ride on some trails outside of Charlottesville with a friend and his DRZ400. Trail popped out on the BRP and we rode it back into town. That was a great day of riding to say the least. Learned a lot as well.

Looking forward the KAT trip and will likely bring both the 500 EXC and RMZ250. Based on the riding experience of the group, sounds like I'll be bringing up the rear but will give a go at some of the hard sections. Should I become too much dead weight, will take the main route and reconnect.

Appreciate the invite; has been a great excused for ordering more gear.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

repoe3 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:24 pm Thought I'd join in the conversation and introduce myself; name is Robert, post under repoe3. Longtime friend of Firebolter, having shared countless miles on the road, he also introduced me to the dirt some years back. Fast forward 10 years or so and I finally got a plated dirt-worthy bike; 500EXC.

Leading up to that point, being a road and track rider with zero experience on the dirt, it saw no offroad miles the first couple years. Took some dirt riding courses last year and punctuated that with a ride on some trails outside of Charlottesville with a friend and his DRZ400. Trail popped out on the BRP and we rode it back into town. That was a great day of riding to say the least. Learned a lot as well.

Looking forward the KAT trip and will likely bring both the 500 EXC and RMZ250. Based on the riding experience of the group, sounds like I'll be bringing up the rear but will give a go at some of the hard sections. Should I become too much dead weight, will take the main route and reconnect.

Appreciate the invite; has been a great excused for ordering more gear.
Do you use the same "lube" a FB :shrug:

:lol2:
:cheers:
Bruce
repoe3
DAMN n00b

Post by repoe3 »

Yeah, so I caught up on some of that exchange on this and the other thread. Like religion and politics, I avoid lube debates/discussions. Unless I am drinking, then I'll talk about all three at the same time...while naked and wearing only a helmet, boots, and nitrile gloves. It's how firebolter taught me all those nights sharing hotel rooms on our trips.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

repoe3 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:16 pm Yeah, so I caught up on some of that exchange on this and the other thread. Like religion and politics, I avoid lube debates/discussions. Unless I am drinking, then I'll talk about all three at the same time...while naked and wearing only a helmet, boots, and nitrile gloves. It's how firebolter taught me all those nights sharing hotel rooms on our trips.
:lol2: :killingme: :thumbup:
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

repoe3 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:16 pm Yeah, so I caught up on some of that exchange on this and the other thread. Like religion and politics, I avoid lube debates/discussions. Unless I am drinking, then I'll talk about all three at the same time...while naked and wearing only a helmet, boots, and nitrile gloves. It's how firebolter taught me all those nights sharing hotel rooms on our trips.
Terrifying
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Yer gonna fit right in! :thumbup: :lol2:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.