I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Trials stuff

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Trials stuff

Post by Bucho »

Wes and I had a little trials/trail ride and some practice.

His Beta 200 is pretty nice. Traction was great today. I think first time I've ridden in a long time without there being ice or freshly melted ice slop.

Wes had a good time playing around in this area.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Right at the end we rode up this little spot. Gets a little steep at top. I had a little trouble with keeping the front end down as well.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

And the money shot!

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Nice. Thanks for sharing
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Nice Phil. I was taking it easy today.
I was practicing other skills. I stole your target idea.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Laoch wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:31 pm Nice Phil. I was taking it easy today.
I was practicing other skills. I stole your target idea.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
Actually Kyler’s good idea
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

The first time out at Phil's place near Emmitsburg, it was all snow and ice and a pretty humbling experience for the first time on a trials bike. This time, as Phil said, the traction was great and we were climbing the big hills:

Riding up and down rocky stream beds and demonstrating our log hopping skills (or in my case, the lack thereof...)

The accuracy of my wheelies is a work in progress as is the timing of a double blip. So for me it was more like riding over the log than jumping it. I felt like my practice at home was helpful and was able to ride long sections of trail and free ride in the woods without putting a foot down.

We had near perfect weather and my cup was full by the time we loaded the bikes for home.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bucho wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:01 pm And the money shot!

...the rest of the story. I held on to it and wheeled it around pointed back at the hill I'd just come up. Because I was holding the bike with my left hand, the lanyard kill switch was still on the bike and the back tire started to get traction again. I think Phil and I had the same thought at the same time "it's going to launch!" Phil says "don't let it go back down!" about the same time I pulled the lanyard off. Hey, I'm at the top of the hill with my bike. It wasn't pretty but mission accomplished :loveit:

I spent the whole day pushing my comfort zone without breaking the bike or me so I was loving every minute of it!
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain