I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Trials stuff

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Trials stuff

Post by Boom Boom »

Laoch wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:39 pm Nice. That’s out by Altoona right? Is it Henry’s ?
Acme, close to 7 springs....not far from Mountain Ridge.
October 11 MAVT event at his place....I have 11 great sections ready to go.
Just dialing in things now....no Bruce you do not have to jump the gap but I will video if you want to try.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Yeah I think you took me there once. Before the trees were cleared out. It’s funny if that gap is flat on ground level, it’s easy. Same gap between two rock up above the ground and things get tough :lol2:
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Laoch wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:32 pm Yeah I think you took me there once. Before the trees were cleared out. It’s funny if that gap is flat on ground level, it’s easy. Same gap between two rock up above the ground and things get tough :lol2:
You can wedge a bike and body in that gap nicely. Come up short you best be wearing a full face helmet.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Laoch wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:32 pm Yeah I think you took me there once. Before the trees were cleared out. It’s funny if that gap is flat on ground level, it’s easy. Same gap between two rock up above the ground and things get tough :lol2:
agreed!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Boom Boom wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:47 pm
You can wedge a bike and body in that gap nicely. Come up short you best be wearing a full face helmet.
instinct says over blip would be much better than under blip :lol2:
but as demonstrated on video, accuracy is what it takes to clear it, or as they say stay on the porch for that one newbie :killingme:
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Jtrobb
DAMN Expert

Post by Jtrobb »

A video of my backyard practice loop in its current form.

Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I am seeing lots of potential...at 2:38 you went by some things that need added in....looks like you have some elevation to work with. Buy a bundle or red and blue survey wire flags and set your limits tighter and help you get used to knowing how to recognize what side of the color to be on.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Jtrobb wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:41 pm A video of my backyard practice loop in its current form.

Very jealous. Nice riding too!
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Jtrobb
DAMN Expert

Post by Jtrobb »

I intend to work the log at 2:38 in eventually. Right now it is to tall with not enough space on either side for my capabilities. I could cut it to make it lower but I am all ready regretting cutting a lot of the logs I cut when I started.

I like the flag idea, would be nice to have things better marked when I send the curios friend/acquaintance off into the woods. I all ready hooked a street bike guy. He is in the military and has orders to Illinois and plans to purchase a bike there if he can find a place to ride there. Any contacts/clubs in the east St Louis / southern Illinois area?
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Nice yard!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200