I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Social Distance Ride, 4/2

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Social Distance Ride, 4/2

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:30 pm Hmmm, I haven't yet tried to get both my Beta and my WR250R in the back of the pick up. Maybe that'll work.
Clearly, you need a kickazz van
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

How serious are the trails?
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

John F wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:51 am How serious are the trails?
At "Phil's place" trails can be mild to wild. But, it's easy to get around and do what you feel comfortable doing.
Any DS stuff would be gravel forest roads.
Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Gov. Hogan enacted a "Stay at home" order that goes into effect at 8pm today. Someone asked him if this means people shouldn't walk their dog and they replied of course not - just don't stay out too long (?!) and make sure you don't get close to anyone else while you're doing it. It's hard to imagine why taking a dual sport ride in the woods would hurt efforts to flatten the curve.

Phil, it would be interesting to hear what Montgomery Co is telling its officers about enforcement?

I was planning on taking another couple hunnert mile ride on the GS this week and just want to make sure I'm not going to get busted - even as silly as that would be.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:23 pm Gov. Hogan enacted a "Stay at home" order that goes into effect at 8pm today. Someone asked him if this means people shouldn't walk their dog and they replied of course not - just don't stay out too long (?!) and make sure you don't get close to anyone else while you're doing it. It's hard to imagine why taking a dual sport ride in the woods would hurt efforts to flatten the curve.

Phil, it would be interesting to hear what Montgomery Co is telling its officers about enforcement?

I was planning on taking another couple hunnert mile ride on the GS this week and just want to make sure I'm not going to get busted - even as silly as that would be.
Police are given a large amount of discretion. So these answers can sometimes vary a lot depending on which officer you ask.

In MoCo, we have been told to simply "warn and advise". If people are congregating in groups we are to disperse them. We do have a charge for this, but someone would have to flat out refuse to budge and be a huge donkey to get arrested.

As far as going for a moto ride on the road. Personally I think this would be okay. Its the same as a person going for a drive in their car. Being cooped up at home w/ your kids/family can be stressful. I think going for a ride/drive just to get out of the house is very reasonable. However, this is where different officers can have different thoughts. But generally speaking, they are just going to tell you to go home.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

As far as our ride on Thursday.

We cant have a large group of people. It looks like could be , me/Bucho, Twist, Bruce, and JohnF. Four people, if everyone shows sounds reasonable.

If people would be more comfortable NOT going out on the roads. I would be perfectly happy just staying on the property all day. Its about 200 acres. Riding all the trails, (in both directions) and there is another spot or two where we could easily lay in another trail. Fairly open terrain, four riders would make it easier to mark.

If everyone IS comfortable going on a DS ride. I'm okay with this too. Our time on main roads would be pretty limited. There is a gas station where I like to stop and get a drink, maybe top up fuel.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

John F wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:51 am How serious are the trails?
One or two have some tricky spots for bigger bikes 450/500s. It sounds like you have proper tires now, so that is a lot of the battle. Many parts of the trails are somewhat fragile, I don't really want people struggling and spinning tires/digging trenches.

Maybe bring your smaller bike too. And/or you could give my trials bike a try if you wanted.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I could be convinced to bring the big DS to work on Wednesday and meet up for a half day ride on Thursday...maybe.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

As much as I'd like to, and I really want to get the bike out, I'm not going to make it. With the Governor's order, I just don't feel comfortable with putting my bikes in the back of my truck and driving that far. Have fun.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Twist wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:30 pm Hmmm, I haven't yet tried to get both my Beta and my WR250R in the back of the pick up. Maybe that'll work.
I see a van in your future... no blown out back and knees pushing a 300 lb bike close to 4' in the air. Toss on a couple bio hazard stickers and just roll down the road.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr