I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Social Distance Ride, 4/2

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Social Distance Ride, 4/2

Post by juddspaintballs »

Boom Boom wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:00 am
Twist wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:30 pm Hmmm, I haven't yet tried to get both my Beta and my WR250R in the back of the pick up. Maybe that'll work.
I see a van in your future... no blown out back and knees pushing a 300 lb bike close to 4' in the air. Toss on a couple bio hazard stickers and just roll down the road.

Why would you push a bike up a ramp when they have engines that drive them forward?
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Twist wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:30 pm Hmmm, I haven't yet tried to get both my Beta and my WR250R in the back of the pick up. Maybe that'll work.
I see a van in your future... no blown out back and knees pushing a 300 lb bike close to 4' in the air. Toss on a couple bio hazard stickers and just roll down the road.
Who pushes? I load my bikeapotomus BMW GS by putting it in gear and having it walk itself up into the wheel chock in the bed. But I'm wondering the same thing about being seen driving a couple of hours back and forth with a bike in the back of the truck.

Sorry to get wishy-washy Phil but I may have bail out on you as well. Now would be a bad time to need an ER with a busted ankle or some such.

Regarding the van, I feel that you guys definitely have the potential to be a bad influence on me. I'm already looking at a landscape bed on the side of my house and asking myself if that's a van parking spot and I've turned the landscaping in my backyard into a place to practice off-camber turns and log hops.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Twist wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:46 am
Who pushes? I load my bikeapotomus BMW GS by putting it in gear and having it walk itself up into the wheel chock in the bed. But I'm wondering the same thing about being seen driving a couple of hours back and forth with a bike in the back of the truck.

Sorry to get wishy-washy Phil but I may have bail out on you as well. Now would be a bad time to need an ER with a busted ankle or some such.

Regarding the van, I feel that you guys definitely have the potential to be a bad influence on me. I'm already looking at a landscape bed on the side of my house and asking myself if that's a van parking spot and I've turned the landscaping in my backyard into a place to practice off-camber turns and log hops.
View the van as increased garage space as you just have a couple of your favorite bikes loaded and ready to go.....but the real bliss is return home after a long hard ride and just hit the locks and walk away....deal with unload at a later time.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Trailer is the same idea for less $$. Doubles as storage with load and go/park and forget.

Phil- I'm thinking I won't drive to MD on Thursday. I just don't know with all these neighbor states on lock down. I can ride solo for a while if I have to.
Although, I can access Phil's spot from PA, half the property is in PA. And our county is still free :lol2:
Let's hope we can get together next month.
Bruce
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Because of my potential exposure (I've been flying since March 16th) and my wife's and her mom's health risks I'm going to go stay at my parents place when I get home. Probably camp in the cube in the driveway. But that means I'll be towing my trailer (full of bikes) with the Africa Twin in the bed from Jersey to Virginia on Saturday. I'll let you guys know how much bail money you need to send...
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:02 pm Because of my potential exposure (I've been flying since March 16th) and my wife's and her mom's health risks I'm going to go stay at my parents place when I get home. Probably camp in the cube in the driveway. But that means I'll be towing my trailer (full of bikes) with the Africa Twin in the bed from Jersey to Virginia on Saturday. I'll let you guys know how much bail money you need to send...
Probably with Florida tags. Yeah, good luck. Man without a state :lol2:
Bruce
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:02 pm Because of my potential exposure (I've been flying since March 16th) and my wife's and her mom's health risks I'm going to go stay at my parents place when I get home. Probably camp in the cube in the driveway. But that means I'll be towing my trailer (full of bikes) with the Africa Twin in the bed from Jersey to Virginia on Saturday. I'll let you guys know how much bail money you need to send...

If you feel like helping out on home projects at my house, come on over. I'm not scared and I'm likely exposed anyways.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

juddspaintballs wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:04 pm

If you feel like helping out on home projects at my house, come on over. I'm not scared and I'm likely exposed anyways.
I'll call ya next week!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Laoch wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:51 pm
Probably with Florida tags. Yeah, good luck. Man without a state :lol2:
Of course with Florida tags! I'll just tell'em I'm going home!
I do have an "Allowed to travel" letter from my airline as I am, supposedly, essential service..
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

No problem guys. Do what you feel is best.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200