I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Emmitsburg Ride, 4/7

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Emmitsburg Ride, 4/7

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:23 am
Bork wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:44 pm Hahaha thats funny but Sorry if I'm slow, in reality is this reference to slow descend rate or flare?
It's telling me to move the thrust levers to the idle (retarded) position. One of the several French to English translation oddities with the Airbus.
I thought it was a personal commentary and quite accurate too! :killingme:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Good time riding today. We had some wind, rain, heavy downpour, wind and some sun. Little muddy, but good fun.
Phil keeps adding sections. Pretty soon we’re going to be in there cutting brush and trimming those DAMN thorns.

I added a fww a couple weeks ago and I could really tell the difference.
Of course, WF hopped his Beta over a monster tree and I skid plated it and then pushed with my feet :lol2:
But his Beta was tired today, it kept wanting to lay down :shrug:
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Laoch wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:29 pm Good time riding today. We had some wind, rain, heavy downpour, wind and some sun. Little muddy, but good fun.
Phil keeps adding sections. Pretty soon we’re going to be in there cutting brush and trimming those DAMN thorns.
Once wet the wind should have dried you out quickly.
Good that woods is health and not full of dead Ash trees like my place is.....after today my loop probably looks like a war zone
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Had a good ride out at the Emmitsburg Farm today! It was cool to have Wingfixer out there and show him around. Sam and Bruce were there to play as well. I was excited that the rain had stopped before I even left the house, I thought it was going to be a dry day. Not long after we started the rains came in. Just enough to soak my gloves and jersey... But we persevered, the heavy rains were short lived and we eventually dried out.

We rode all the trails and started scouting out a new trail. Next time I'll start putting up some ribbon.

fairly open and easy to lay a trail
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Its hard to even see the slope, but this is a tricky uphill w/ a turn. Was quite slick with the rain.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I couldn't get my gloves off quick enough to take more pics, I just caught Sam coming down into the trials play area. Its a cool spot

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Hard to see how steep this is in pics. But with the heavy leaves its a little tricky.

Pat made it up just fine till he stopped...
It was an awkward angle behind me, the bike fell over and Pat rolled 10-15 ft down the slope. I couldn't quite manage to get both in the shot.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I'm not sure what Bruce is doing here, pretending his trials bike has a seat.

But he is clearly having a good time.

Sam dragged feet a little but powered right up no problem.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Just one of my favorite trails. Pretty along the creek.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Great pics Phil! Wish I could have been there. Glad to hear you all had a great time.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain