I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

May 28 and 29 Bald Eagle SF DS

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
2smokes
DAMN n00b

Re: Late May Bald Eagle SF DS ??

Post by 2smokes »

This sounds like a blast and since my Memorial Day is now open due to some beach closures I’m in. Poe valley state park puts you more in the heart of the good riding then the other campground off the highway. Right now there is a camping cabin (sleeps 5) open for the May 28,29,30th. They’re very nice we’ve used them many times. I will just bring my camper up and will have some room if we get a bigger turnout
It was me, I let the dogs out

2013 Vespa Lx 150... the grocery getter
2016 Ducati 1198 Multistrada Pikes Peak...the curve straightener
2018 Beta 390...the woods mauler
2016 Beta 350 my fly and ride at 3 step hideaway in Moab
2018 Ktm 1290 SAR...for everything else
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Laoch wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:14 am Thanks Wes.

Tentative dates...always sunject to change... 28 and 29 May? That's a Thursday and Friday.
Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
I was about to say these dates would be a perfect warm-up to then jump over to Lock Haven for the Durty Dabbers Dual Sport scheduled for the weekend of 5/30-31. But sadly when I just looked at their web site; they have actually already cancelled it for the whole year; very sad.
http://www.durtydabbers.com/?cat=3

Seems your Bald Eagle DS trip will be the best thing going! I can't make a mid-week ride but if you end up with a weekend date I might bring the Mrs. (no not Wingfixer) and join ya.

SJ
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Skinny-J wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:06 pm
Laoch wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:14 am Thanks Wes.

Tentative dates...always sunject to change... 28 and 29 May? That's a Thursday and Friday.
Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
I was about to say these dates would be a perfect warm-up to then jump over to Lock Haven for the Durty Dabbers Dual Sport scheduled for the weekend of 5/30-31. But sadly when I just looked at their web site; they have actually already cancelled it for the whole year; very sad.
http://www.durtydabbers.com/?cat=3

Seems your Bald Eagle DS trip will be the best thing going! I can't make a mid-week ride but if you end up with a weekend date I might bring the Mrs. (no not Wingfixer) and join ya.

SJ
Yup DD is cx. It won't be the last.

Let me look at my calendar... 28-29-30. That's Thursday- Saturday. It's also easy to stay for a Sunday. Two days covers most of what's up there. I'm trying to include days of the week that work for most folks. I think this window will accommodate :shrug:

Next question- were are we staying? The 7 Mtns Campground? Cabins or tens or rv or doe sit matter? Cabin works for me. The state campgrounds should be open, but...?
Bruce
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I wouldn't mind tent camping of I don't have to do it off the bike. If we're riding to the trails I'd prefer cabins, or hotels. As for dates...I don't go back to work until Late July/Early August, assuming I have an airline to go back to then...
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Ride to the trails.
I'm leaning Thursday and Friday.

BTW-I saw a thing on tv about Qantas flight 32 :huh:
Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

They have several cabins all in a row that have a 4 person bunk room and a living area b'fast table. Air conditioned/heated. Picnic table outside by the fire ring suitable for burning some red meat and baked potatoes. If you don't mind bunking up with a few other guys, the price is pretty reasonable.

I love tent camping but these cabins are just too dang convenient located a mile from the trail head.

Hmmm, now having re-read what I just wrote I'm not sure bunking up 4 guys to a small cabin is in line with safe COVID avoidance. Oh hell, we'll figure it out.

EDIT: There's a Best Western in Milroy about 7 miles from the trail head.
Last edited by Twist on Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Im not riding there from my house. Ill bring the van and sleep in that.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Laoch wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:26 pm Ride to the trails.
I'm leaning towards Friday and Saturday and get a cabin.

BTW-I saw a thing on tv about Qantas flight 32 :huh:
A) Are you riding the 6fiddy? That would be a bit of a hike on the 2fiddy, no?

2) Eh, those dudes had 3 more pushing and 400k lbs of gas to play with.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: May 28 and 29 Bald Eagle SF DS

Post by Laoch »

Ok. Dates are set. I will reserve tent site at state park, Poe Valley SP. Cheaper and closer to center.
Plan is to truck up Thursday a.m. and meet at campground. Park in day use area. Ride. Check in at CG later. Ride. Eat. Drink. Shower. In no particular order. Sleep. Ride next day. Go home at some point. Check out is at 1500.

Questions?
Bruce
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: May 28 and 29 Bald Eagle SF DS

Post by Wingfixer »

Laoch wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:03 pm Ok. Dates are set. I will reserve tent site at state park, Poe Valley SP. Cheaper and closer to center.
Plan is to truck up Thursday a.m. and meet at campground. Park in day use area. Ride. Check in at CG later. Ride. Eat. Drink. Shower. In no particular order. Sleep. Ride next day. Go home at some point. Check out is at 1500.

Questions?
In! What time Thursday are we meeting up? Bearing in mind I'm coming from 3:30 away.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.