I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

May 28 and 29 Bald Eagle SF DS

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

May 28 and 29 Bald Eagle SF DS

Post by Laoch »

I’m going to throw this out here and we’ll see how things go.

I’d like to do an overnighter up at BESF and ride the trails up there.
Probably stay at the Seven Mtn Campground.

I know everybody’s schedules are fubar. So consider this a place holder. I’m thinking very late May or early June. Weekend or weekdays.
Keep in mind my daughter is due with our grand baby girl on 10 June.

Any questions as to the area or trails —> google is your friend.

Could be a good primer for those intent on doing the KAT :deal:

UPDATE from last post-----Let me look at my calendar... 28-29. That's Thursday- Friday. Two days covers most of what's up there. I'm trying to avoid busy weekends.

Next question- were are we staying? The 7 Mtns Campground? Cabins or tens or rv or doe sit matter? Cabin works for me. The state campgrounds should be open, but...?
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Early June Bald Eagle SF DS ??

Post by Bucho »

Im interested. Ive never made it up there.

Late May and midweek would have a better chance for me to make it. But I know I have a weirder schedule than most people
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

I’m off till June 1st. Might be able to swindle an overnighter with the right persuasion. The closer to the end of may and mid week is better.
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I have May 26-30 off, just sayin...
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Noted. Looking like late May.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Late May Bald Eagle SF DS ??

Post by Twist »

A couple of friends and I did this the first week of June last year and it was perfect riding conditions. We stayed in the little cabins at Seven Mountains; rode all day; and burned some prime ribeyes over the fire pit at night. After everywhere else I rode in PA last year (AOAA, Mountain Ridge, etc) this was my favorite place. The motorcycle only trails were the best bits but it's all good with conditions from easy forest roads to some pretty gnarly rock gardens. We rode for full day and most of the next without riding the same trail but maybe 20% of the time.

Our track from last year:

Typical motorcycle only trailhead:

I'm definitely in on this if it happens. We were already committed to something around that time there but hadn't finalized our plans.

Wes
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Thanks Wes.

Tentative dates...always sunject to change... 28 and 29 May? That's a Thursday and Friday.

Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

http://www.patrailriders.org/

PaTRA site has May 22 listed as re-open date.
I assume that is subject to change so I would check Bald Eagle site and PaTRA site closer to the date you go with.
No trail work days have been done yet this day for lock down reasons so would expect to find some trail closures from tree falls.
Bruce pending your group size I could check with Steve about use of his cabin and camp area...he had some rides planned but was called off for lock down reasons. Steve is also a wealth of trail info of that area and into Dabbers dual sport area.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

That's why I was thinking June. Or late May. Of course this is all assuming the cornhole nonsense is over.

Bruce
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I'd definitely be down for this. Weekday, weekend, don't care. I can adjust my schedule around to meet the consensus. Some camping and burning some meat over a grill sounds perfect to me! Have ridden all of that stuff and it is good and lots to choose from.
Lots of cool bikes---