I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Possible Future Trip?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Possible Future Trip?

Post by Bucho »

Glad to have some interest in this!

Ideally, I'd like 2-3 UTVs. If nothing else, to help each other get unstuck and be able to winch out. Most of trip is really easy, but could be one or two muddy spots depending on year.
I'd rather not have a huge group. At least someone else on a bike would be fun.

Eitherway, this is several years away for me.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Rut Row wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:58 am If my bride's health settles down I'm a maybe. I'd borrow a SxS and help haul gear/beer/food. I ripped up my bad knee and doubt it will be offroad ready soon if every. I doubt my long extension cord for my electric trials bike would be sufficient.
I'll bring my Honda generator and 200' cord for ya! :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:53 am
Rut Row wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:58 am If my bride's health settles down I'm a maybe. I'd borrow a SxS and help haul gear/beer/food. I ripped up my bad knee and doubt it will be offroad ready soon if every. I doubt my long extension cord for my electric trials bike would be sufficient.
I'll bring my Honda generator and 200' cord for ya! :deal:
I could parallel mu Honda gnerator to it and we could load both in the back of a UTV! :angel:

BTW I've been to Newfoundland--did the ride to Goose Bay. Very cool place. I wanted to do some of the easier side trails on my 950 but was running out of time.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

I have a Polaris 800 4 wheeler. I don`t use it for anything more than dragging deer out of the woods, I could use it for a change of pace.
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Junior wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:41 am I have a Polaris 800 4 wheeler. I don`t use it for anything more than dragging deer out of the woods, I could use it for a change of pace.
I would enjoy doing wheelies past you on the Beta/DRz!! :roost:

:peep:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

https://advrider.com/f/threads/overland ... 0.1516172/

A link to an ADV thread about a trans Newfoundland trip. This guy and his son do the trip in a buggy. Some nice pictures.

This is still on my list. Next summer (2022), my son and I may do a 2+ day trip in northern NH in the buggy. Sort of practice run? Im positive you could rent a side-by-side if anybody wanted to piggyback off of our NH trip. Then maybe looking at 2023 for NF?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I was wondering if interest in this would reemerge now that the Canadian border has reopened. I'll be interested when this adventure gets back in to the planning stage. We did a week up and around Nova Scotia and Cape Breton Island a few years ago on touring bikes. It is really beautiful there with very friendly people.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:31 am I was wondering if interest in this would reemerge now that the Canadian border has reopened. I'll be interested when this adventure gets back in to the planning stage. We did a week up and around Nova Scotia and Cape Breton Island a few years ago on touring bikes. It is really beautiful there with very friendly people.
Would be a cool trip to bring your daughter on. Buy a buggy a few months before. Sell it after Newfoundland.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

:eyes: :thumbup:
Bruce
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Laoch wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:20 am This trip would require passports right?
Is Canada a foreign country? Or the 51st province?
Canada does need passports now (past 10+ years), even when driving in. If you only ever wanted to go to Canada and Mexico, there is a "passport card" you can get, but it's not cheaper than a passport (I think it's actually an add-on to a passport so you have to get both). The only benefit is that it fits in your wallet.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200