I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sprint Enduros

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Sprint Enduros

Post by phoo »

Sprint Enduros -- I guess it's not "new," but it's a new-to-me format.

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/video-beg ... int-enduro

Basically, a one- or two-day event that has multiple "tests" that are done multiple times and the total time is tallied and that is your overall score. I thought by the name it was a new name for "national-style" enduros (which are really a series of sprint sections, go as fast as you can) as opposed to "traditional, or time-keeping" enduros where you have a target time for each section and you actually get penalized twice as hard for arriving early to a gate as arriving late.

This came up because of the Ridge Run Sprint Enduro, which like everything else is canceled. Something to think about trying out next year after this pandemic stuff is over, since I doubt this year's season is going to be much of anything, unfortunately.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Re: Sprint Enduros

Post by BamBam »

North-East PA had a fun sprint event (last year?) Several endure loops that you ran a couple times each for a total score. Was a fantastic time! But it was canceled after that....

Sme.sprint enduro's look a little more like hare scrambles with high speed grass tracks looped in... not as interested in those.

But post when you see one of these around here... I'd like to check it out!
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Joker
DAMN Expert

Re: Sprint Enduros

Post by Joker »

The sxcs runs them. I do not know what there schedule will end up like with all the covid stuff. But check them out https://www.trailpros.us/sxcs/