I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

HMDR Wallow in the Hollow 9/5 & 6

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: HMDR Wallow in the Hollow 9/5 & 6

Post by Firebolter »

Went good. Nice single track and they had plenty for all levels of riders. They set up some really nice loops for the beginners and then you had AA level ST you could go into. Nice event and plenty of space. Weather was perfect! I didn't get any pics, just a couple of video's.
Lots of cool bikes---
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

I arrived later than I hoped at 10:30am and never found any of the other DAMN riders, so was just putting around solo (*my regular riding buddy was out with a bad knee)

Weather was perfect and place did not seem crowded at all. The hare scramble loop was pretty fun. I also rode the blue intermediate loop. I had this song stuck in my head and had an idea how some ride video would work into the music. So that wound up as my mission for the day.

So here 'tis

2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Nice vid Adam
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Had a great time at this event. I really hope they make it a regular thing. Skinny-J and I both brought our sons and they both seemed to have a good time. Their kids/n00bs loop was top notch, their green (jeep wide) trails were a big hit with the kids, their blue trails (single track) were excellent, their black trails (hard single track) were very good and challenging, the orange trail (also single track) had a great mix. I think the orange trail was also the "hare scramble loop," which I signed up for, but Skinny-J and I did "black trail 2" instead. We had to split the two black trails onto separate days because they took over an hour and a half, each, and we needed to get back to camp to keep the boys riding.

I didn't take a lot of photos, but here are the few that I did take --

My son, after conquering a pretty gnarly hill climb on the green (hard) trail. Oh, btw, we discovered "green" didn't mean "easy," it meant "jeep width" so "green (hard)" really did have some challenging parts!

On the green trail was a cool water crossing with enough depth to make for some fun shots.
Son of Phoo
Son of Skinny-J
Skinny-J

This was a stream crossing on black 2 (you can't see the water, but trust me, it was there :) )

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Great pics!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200