I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MAVT August 15

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

MAVT August 15

Post by Boom Boom »

Yes a Saturday event. 980 Bremer Rd Dover Pa
Killer BBQ after event for everyone.
Nice location, reasonable loop to spectate.
$5 gate fee per person
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: MAVT August 15

Post by Bucho »

bugger, I'll be in NH
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Jtrobb
DAMN Expert

Post by Jtrobb »

YAY, I'll be riding the Montesa. The EM has been upgraded to "not working" waiting on firmware for the controller from the factory.

Jason
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Weather looking good for saturday.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Well, I guess I'm no longer a virgin trials rider. After riding this event, 8 sections times 4 loops, on the 4 line, over 4 hours, I can definitively say that I stink at this. After the first loop I was buried in an avalanche of penalty points (more than the other 4 line riders had in total). There were only 4 riders in the 4 line group and the only reason I came in 3rd was because one rider DNF'd. Yeah, it was bad...

Now, I don't mean any of that in a depressing defeatist way at all. I had a great time and if there's a punch line coming it's that I'm hooked. All the people there were very welcoming and helpful and I'm very impressed with the level of preparation and smooth organization of the event. I can't imagine how much effort went in to creating one section for 5 different skill levels much less 8 sections offering up varying levels of difficulty from section to section.

Through the 8 different sections on the 4 line, there was a variety from relatively easy to quite challenging (for me). There were two sections that I think I put up either a 3 or a 5 on the first three attempts before I would clean them on my last attempt. But then there was one section that I cleaned 3 times before putting up a 5 on my last time through. But like golf, it's that one good shot that brings you back again and I had a few of those moments.

So I guess I'm hooked and I have Boom Boom and Bucho and a few others to thank for that. I appreciate the effort you guys have spent on someone with so little prospects in this endeavor. :hi5: :cheers: Looking forward to more practice rides in the future.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Jtrobb
DAMN Expert

Post by Jtrobb »

You did great, I doubled your score, for the most points of the day, hehe.

Jason Robb
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:58 am Well, I guess I'm no longer a virgin trials rider. After riding this event, 8 sections times 4 loops, on the 4 line, over 4 hours, I can definitively say that I stink at this. After the first loop I was buried in an avalanche of penalty points (more than the other 4 line riders had in total). There were only 4 riders in the 4 line group and the only reason I came in 3rd was because one rider DNF'd. Yeah, it was bad...

Now, I don't mean any of that in a depressing defeatist way at all. I had a great time and if there's a punch line coming it's that I'm hooked. All the people there were very welcoming and helpful and I'm very impressed with the level of preparation and smooth organization of the event. I can't imagine how much effort went in to creating one section for 5 different skill levels much less 8 sections offering up varying levels of difficulty from section to section.

Through the 8 different sections on the 4 line, there was a variety from relatively easy to quite challenging (for me). There were two sections that I think I put up either a 3 or a 5 on the first three attempts before I would clean them on my last attempt. But then there was one section that I cleaned 3 times before putting up a 5 on my last time through. But like golf, it's that one good shot that brings you back again and I had a few of those moments.

So I guess I'm hooked and I have Boom Boom and Bucho and a few others to thank for that. I appreciate the effort you guys have spent on someone with so little prospects in this endeavor. :hi5: :cheers: Looking forward to more practice rides in the future.
Thats great to hear! Glad you went and had a good time. Will do a midweek riding day the first or second week of September.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

"I can definitively say that I stink at this"

I literally lolled at this. Sounds like you had a great time! Great report; I look forward to hearing about your journey.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Glad you guys made it out for the event. Sections were about par for normal if not a bit easy however they set harder before and had rain and that made scores double. Jason with only a couple hours on a new 4 stroke coming from a no clutch e-bike had some fast learning curves to work around and Wes was doing well and focused for first event. Couple missed gates are the norm till you get more events under your belt.
Just rolling the loop was good fun and the food was top shelf. Do not get spoiled by the food, that is supplied by the land owner and club efforts. When was the last time you were welcomed to ride someones land and then do a pig and all the fixings as a thank you for coming. Best $5 gate fee ever.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

https://stephanievetterly.smugmug.com/2 ... -hQ8kF8f/A

The look of "what did I get myself into now?"
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr