I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Emmitsburg Ride/Trials Practice, 9/19

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Emmitsburg Ride/Trials Practice, 9/19

Post by Twist »

I really enjoyed the day I spent up with the guys in Emmitsburg but that day I was struggling with balance and so that made the other more difficult stuff harder for me. I'm at a point where the thing that's holding me back is my ability to do an easy, almost no speed, clutch up wheelie and set the front wheel down where I want it. I just have this mental block or fear of being thrown off the back of the bike in a tough spot so I either chicken out my clutch up or I just use a power/bounce to get the front end up. Hence, the road block. So while the guys went off and did some crazy impossible trials stuff, I went out in a field up there and just practiced clutch up wheelies until I could get a pretty good one in 1st gear. Feeling full of myself, I started trying 2nd gear (which is what I use mostly in technical terrain). I had a little more trouble controlling it so I put some gusto into one that ended up leaving me with this:

That's what happened when I didn't cover the rear brake properly and a bar end caught me in the eye as a tumble of a bike and fat guy ensued. I didn't mention it to you guys but when you came back to let me ride your 4T bikes, I was hurting a bit. All good now with no problems - just the shiner.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

What a story.... Bet you will say "yes mam" next time your wife tells you to take out the trash.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Boom Boom wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:23 am What a story.... Bet you will say "yes mam" next time your wife tells you to take out the trash.
Naaa, she hits me where it really hurts. :)
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Oh man!

Honestly, you are in good company Wes. I cant do clutch wheelies either. I always use the “roll up” technique with just throttle and body english. I feel I can do it pretty well but Im starting to see the limitations of it for trials. After the competition this week Ill be practicing my clutch skills too. Id like to do a true “double blip”
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

We sure are a sad bunch, I have half my vision to work with and about zero depth perception and crap for balance so you guys might want to find a new trials instructor..LOL But we sure have fun. Wes please keep up the good work...your superman whiskey throttle rides are epic to say the least.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr