I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2021 Events and discussion

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

2021 Events and discussion

Post by Laoch »

Good bye to a f*ucked up year and here's hoping the Government doesn't f*ck 2021 up as well. :deal:

I'll put links to different calendars and post info on some popular events. Mostly DS stuff and some local home brews that we are cooking up.

Bill is working on this Adv ride --> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5338

Reunion at Mtn Ridge can be 3rd or 4th weekend in May, please discuss. 2d weekend in May is Mom's day and last (5th) weekend is Memorial Day.

And, of course, we'll keep tabs on the trials events.

June 19- 20 Foggy Mtn enduro/fun ride. DVTR.org for info. route. Sportsman class and Saturday ADV ride.

August 15. Michaux DS. Dvtr.org for info. Sign ups June 23d 300 Rider limit, sells out fast.

Sept 11. 7 Mtn Dual Sport. https://patrailriders.org/7-mountains-dual-sport/ Always a good run, done on Saturday. AMA req.

Oct 2-3. S500. https://www.watr.us/event-4146654 AMA req.

Nov 7 Hammer Run. AMA and ECEA required?
Bruce
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Re: 2021 Events and Reunion discussion

Post by BamBam »

Looking forward to some casual riding with the group. As long as helmet cams are allowed, count me IN. :killingme:
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

BamBam wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:40 pm Looking forward to some casual riding with the group. As long as helmet cams are allowed, count me IN. :killingme:
Come out to one of my Emmitsburg rides. Casual dress code and helmet cams allowed
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I would like the Reunion on the 4th weekend in May if possible. It works best with my schedule.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

First weekend in May for the DAMN ADV ride works for me. I even have a replacement engine for my DRZ being shipped for it.
Second weekend in May is Mother's Day
Third weekend in May is open. Woah!
Fourth weekend in May for the DAMN Reunion works for me.
Fifth weekend in May is Memorial Day.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: 2021 Events and discussion

Post by Laoch »

SJER Ice Breaker DS is pending permits. Good luck with that. Govt fear mongering is still in effect big time in Jersey.

Durty Dabber is on the calendar. 5-6 June.
Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Do any of you guys get up to the Allegheny forests out of the Marienville trailheads? It's been several years since I've been up there and I'm feeling like it might be time to go exploring up there again. There was a group of about 6 of us that stayed in a group campsite behind the hotel and guest houses and it's literally right on the trailhead.

It's a bit farther to go (about 5 hours ride from Annapolis) but there's a lot of great trails and forest roads in there.

If there's any interest maybe we'll start looking for a late spring or summer date that would work for a couple of days there.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:12 am Do any of you guys get up to the Allegheny forests out of the Marienville trailheads? It's been several years since I've been up there and I'm feeling like it might be time to go exploring up there again. There was a group of about 6 of us that stayed in a group campsite behind the hotel and guest houses and it's literally right on the trailhead.

It's a bit farther to go (about 5 hours ride from Annapolis) but there's a lot of great trails and forest roads in there.

If there's any interest maybe we'll start looking for a late spring or summer date that would work for a couple of days there.
A group of us rode some of that 5+ years ago while on a dualsport trip. I remember struggling a little bit since I was on motard wheels... But nothing we rode was terribly hard.

Im not against it but I can only go on so many multi-day trips
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Twist wrote:Do any of you guys get up to the Allegheny forests out of the Marienville trailheads? It's been several years since I've been up there and I'm feeling like it might be time to go exploring up there again. There was a group of about 6 of us that stayed in a group campsite behind the hotel and guest houses and it's literally right on the trailhead.

Sounds good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Laoch wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:24 pm
Twist wrote:Do any of you guys get up to the Allegheny forests out of the Marienville trailheads? It's been several years since I've been up there and I'm feeling like it might be time to go exploring up there again. There was a group of about 6 of us that stayed in a group campsite behind the hotel and guest houses and it's literally right on the trailhead.

Sounds good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got the May 1st ride on my calendar and hope to make it to another DAMN event or two this year.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain