I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New member from Middletown MD!!

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
JMK015
DAMN n00b

New member from Middletown MD!!

Post by JMK015 »

Hi everyone, I'm a new member from Middletown MD. I ride a 1979 xt500 and a 2003 Ural. I look forward to going on rides with some new people and sharing knowledge about local roads and adventures.

Since everyone likes photos, here are a few:

This was from a recent ride my Dad and I went on near Cacapon WV. Thats my 1979 xt500 and his 1978 xt500.

This is mt 2003 Ural tourist. I'm not sure it has ever again been this clean. Its 'only' 1 wheel drive, but it can still handle some pretty rough terrain and is a blast in the snow.

This photo was taken last winter in the Frederick watershed:
Yes, that is a snow shovel strapped to the luggage rack. I never had to use it though...
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: New member from Middletown MD!!

Post by Rut Row »

Welcome! where in Middletown do you live? I'm by the old Ingal's. BirgBird is up on Braddock Heights.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
JMK015
DAMN n00b

Post by JMK015 »

"old Ingalls" as in Ingalls Lumber and Supply? My parents owned and ran that store for 30 years, before they sold it around 2001-ish...

I'm off of Cherry Lane, between Braddock Heights and Jefferson.

I'm in Baltimore Monday-Friday though, im at school at University of MD Medical School.
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Welcome - :roost:
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

Welcome!! Good ole bikes there! I sold my XT500 cause it had the electronic ignition & may have been giving me signs of failure. They used to be about $700.00 & change. Hope yours are the older points models, should run forever :thumbup:
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

JMK015 wrote:"old Ingalls" as in Ingalls Lumber and Supply? My parents owned and ran that store for 30 years, before they sold it around 2001-ish...

I'm off of Cherry Lane, between Braddock Heights and Jefferson.

I'm in Baltimore Monday-Friday though, im at school at University of MD Medical School.
yup. same place!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
JMK015
DAMN n00b

Post by JMK015 »

Bork wrote:Welcome!! Good ole bikes there! I sold my XT500 cause it had the electronic ignition & may have been giving me signs of failure. They used to be about $700.00 & change. Hope yours are the older points models, should run forever :thumbup:
Yep, its points. I find them to be really reliable bikes. For longer rides, I carry spare wire, points, condenser, coil, and spark plug... so I have a complete spare ignition system. I could swap it all out on the road side in about 15 mins if I needed to.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Howdy new guy!

We will have to go for a sidecar ride together. Kyler wielded me up a hack this past winter, so Im still kinda new to it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Hello neighbor!

Don't know if you ride bicycles - BUT we have a nice ~ 15 mile casual pace (which is as fast as the OFG an the QOFE can go) :lol2: ride starting from my house most Wednesday evenings starting around 6:30 with a fun Margarita (and other libations) party afterwards. IF you're interested in ride/party or just PARTY :cheers: send me a pm with your email and I'll add you to the ride notice distribution.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
JMK015
DAMN n00b

Post by JMK015 »

Thanks for the invite, it turns out I do enjoy bicycling too!

Unfortunately, I spend my weeknights in Baltimore because of school and am back in Middletown on the weekends. Once my crazy schedule get better I would love to join!