I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

wolfs DEn/kitzmiller auction

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
hollywood
DAMN n00b

wolfs DEn/kitzmiller auction

Post by hollywood »

Went to WOlFs DEn on Sunday and found out its going up for auction Wednesday
2017 YZ250FX
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: wolfs DEn/kitzmiller auction

Post by Rut Row »

hollywood wrote:Went to WOlFs DEn on Sunday and found out its going up for auction Wednesday
not good - Maryland was trying to buy it. The State won't bid at auction.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
hollywood
DAMN n00b

Post by hollywood »

There was talk a coal company might want to buy it but the route they have to get to the coal will probably make them shy away from it. Its supposed to be a no reserve auction but supposedly there is a bottom line price. SHe thinks if it is sold we would be able to ride until the end of the year but thats just a guess.
2017 YZ250FX
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

from what i hear it is sold for 1.7 million, not sure who got it. The state of maryland putting together a trail system is a joke, here WAS the perfect spot, this place was brought to them multiple times and all they did was make excuses of why not, hopefully i am wrong and they or someone partnered with the state bought it for trail use but i doubt it.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Hare wrote:from what i hear it is sold for 1.7 million, not sure who got it. The state of maryland putting together a trail system is a joke, here WAS the perfect spot, this place was brought to them multiple times and all they did was make excuses of why not, hopefully i am wrong and they or someone partnered with the state bought it for trail use but i doubt it.
Joe, I personally know that DNR has been trying to buy it for the last two years. I've only heard DNR's side but they did want to buy it.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

from what i heard now the state is trying to make a different offers after the fact, directly to the WVA court handling things, let hope they do something right, really its silly if they are only going to let 15 peeps ride per day like their plan is at the other spots, not many of maryland orvs will get to ride it anyway.

From watching this episode go down over the last 3 years, my official opinion is I believe it when i see it... and I have seen it before. Sorry for being so negative Ken and I do thank your efforts but what appears to be being produce by the state might be called an ORV trail and great for the Smith Family new flavor of the month (ORVs) to ride on but it is nothing that will entertain any serious riders or serious families of riders that have been totally left out and this has very little hope of becoming so the way it is going. An entire state will only be able to handle 15 riders per day per spot and no riding anytime during bad weather or any hunting season, taking away easily 6 months a year plus, what a joke. So if everybody got to ride one day a whole year might process 2,000 riders, and that includes jeeps 4x4 guys, quads, side by sides, dirt bikes dual sports and all the other ORVs. I had enough of this state pissing on my leg and telling me its raining.

Fight the good fight Ken and Thanks
hollywood
DAMN n00b

Post by hollywood »

Hopefully its someone that will keep it as is or improve it . Hopeully we can still ride till the end of they year there is still somethings there i want to accomplish :)
2017 YZ250FX
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Hare wrote:from what i heard now the state is trying to make a different offers after the fact, directly to the WVA court handling things, let hope they do something right, really its silly if they are only going to let 15 peeps ride per day like their plan is at the other spots, not many of maryland orvs will get to ride it anyway.

From watching this episode go down over the last 3 years, my official opinion is I believe it when i see it... and I have seen it before. Sorry for being so negative Ken and I do thank your efforts but what appears to be being produce by the state might be called an ORV trail and great for the Smith Family new flavor of the month (ORVs) to ride on but it is nothing that will entertain any serious riders or serious families of riders that have been totally left out and this has very little hope of becoming so the way it is going. An entire state will only be able to handle 15 riders per day per spot and no riding anytime during bad weather or any hunting season, taking away easily 6 months a year plus, what a joke. So if everybody got to ride one day a whole year might process 2,000 riders, and that includes jeeps 4x4 guys, quads, side by sides, dirt bikes dual sports and all the other ORVs. I had enough of this state pissing on my leg and telling me its raining.

Fight the good fight Ken and Thanks
I hear you loud and clear Joe. I balance my optimism with an equal amount of pessimism.
Ken
hollywood
DAMN n00b

Post by hollywood »

Supposed to find out this week the status of wolf den - https://www.facebook.com/#!/WolfDenClub ... =notify_me
2017 YZ250FX
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

hollywood wrote:Supposed to find out this week the status of wolf den - https://www.facebook.com/#!/WolfDenClub ... =notify_me
keep your fingers crossed that they decide to work with the State.
Ken