I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New member from just outside the DC moat.

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Zeets
DAMN n00b

New member from just outside the DC moat.

Post by Zeets »

Hey all,

New to the forum, obviously, but not new to riding.

Unfortunately, most of my riding these days is commuting, but I'm hoping to change that. I've been riding a dirt bike of some sorts since I was 5, and on the road since my late 20s. Now I'm approaching my late thirties (some may argue that I've already made it into my late thirties, but no one listens to my girlfriend anyway.) And I continue to dodge traffic and freeze and or boil myself on the back of my bike, partially for the sadistic release, but mostly because I genuinely love it. I grew up trail riding in the woods of northern Ohio, and have ridden trails and tracks around Md, Pa and Va. for the last decade. I'm hoping to get out on my DR-Z for enjoyment more in the coming months and want to meet some dual sporters to hit local(ish) trails with. I'm also hoping to do the first half of the TAT in the next few years.

Hoping to get involved in some discussions and rides (more rides please! ) with you all.

Zeets
2008 DR-Z400SM
1974 RD350
1970 Vespa Sprint
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: New member from just outside the DC moat.

Post by Rut Row »

welcome! be sure to watch for rides at Granville's place as well as the big dual-sport rides.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Welcome Zeets! :roost:
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Welcome!

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Howdy new guy. The Suzuki street sumo is a great bike. Are you planning on getting another bike for dirt/dualsport? Or just getting a set of dirt wheels for your DRZ?

Im sure you already know them but there are a few good dirtroads up here around Frederick.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
vetteguy
DAMN n00b

Post by vetteguy »

Welcome
2002 XR400 (sold), 2007 KTM 450 exc
2001 XR200, 2004 Harley 1200R, 2004 CRF250X (son)
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Welcome!
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Welcome and enjoy
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

Welcome

I know Kensington pretty well. I use to ride a nice little loop there. St.Paul to Capitol View to Rock Creek Park to Denfeld. Now I'm pretty exclusively off-road and just like to hammer the single track. I'm sure will find some great guys here to dual sport. Where are you in Kens?
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Zeets
DAMN n00b

Post by Zeets »

Granville wrote:Welcome

I know Kensington pretty well. I use to ride a nice little loop there. St.Paul to Capitol View to Rock Creek Park to Denfeld. Now I'm pretty exclusively off-road and just like to hammer the single track. I'm sure will find some great guys here to dual sport. Where are you in Kens?
I live in the neighborhoods close to Einstine HS. I have a few local road loops that I like to ride, but they're mostly up by Olney and Gaithersburg. (Wildcat Road, Davis Mill Road) I haven't done too much dual-sporting in the last couple years, but hopefully I'll fix that this summer.
2008 DR-Z400SM
1974 RD350
1970 Vespa Sprint