I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New guy from Frederick

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Zetarra
DAMN n00b

New guy from Frederick

Post by Zetarra »

Hi all,

I've just got into riding dirtbikes (got a CRF250R) and look forward to living a dream I've had since I was a kid. If anyone is ever up to ride with a newbie, I'd be happy to tag along. Hope to see you guys out there!
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: New guy from Frederick

Post by Bucho »

Hey new guy. Im sorry you missed our ride at the motocove last week.
How new to offroad riding are you? Im assuming you know how to ride and its just the offroad trail stuff thats you are new to?
A lot of the places around here are rocky and can be a little intimidating to begginers.

Goodluck, hope to see you out there this season.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
frogman1981
DAMN Expert

Post by frogman1981 »

Welcome new guy! If you want to be a great rider, watch Ken. After watching, avoid doing what he did. :peep:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

frogman1981 wrote:Welcome new guy! If you want to be a great rider, watch Ken. After watching, avoid doing what he did. :peep:
DAMN right! but the truth hurts! :fitz:

:angel:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

frogman1981 wrote:After watching, avoid doing what he did. :peep:
Shots fired :poser:

welcome z, here are some of the upcoming official-like rides:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3446

But be aware some may not be noob friendly and some require a tag so look carefully or ask. Boyer farm would probably be a great one for your calendar, relaxed everything at your own pace/comfort level.

What type of riding are you getting into, tracks, trails, supercross, enduros......?
Zetarra
DAMN n00b

Post by Zetarra »

Hey guys, thanks for the welcomes and the advice on learning from Ken's mishaps :rickey: I am looking to do both trails and tracks, but I really have no experience whatsoever. I can start and go (even on the first try now :D) and know how to do basic turns, but nothing really beyond that, so the easier the tracks/trails the better. I'll definitely look at the Boyers event and will probably drop by.

Once again, thanks :D
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Zetarra wrote:Hey guys, thanks for the welcomes and the advice on learning from Ken's mishaps :rickey: I am looking to do both trails and tracks, but I really have no experience whatsoever. I can start and go (even on the first try now :D) and know how to do basic turns, but nothing really beyond that, so the easier the tracks/trails the better. I'll definitely look at the Boyers event and will probably drop by.

This may sound totally backwards, but if you are just learning basic turns and starting/stopping. (And assuming you don't have your own large open field to practice in...)
You might be better off going to a MX track a few times. Putting around some easy tracks will be good practice. Its a controlled environment and the tracks are usually groomed at least somewhat well.
But get your basic skills down and come out on some trail rides!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Zetarra
DAMN n00b

Post by Zetarra »

Bucho wrote:
Zetarra wrote:Hey guys, thanks for the welcomes and the advice on learning from Ken's mishaps :rickey: I am looking to do both trails and tracks, but I really have no experience whatsoever. I can start and go (even on the first try now :D) and know how to do basic turns, but nothing really beyond that, so the easier the tracks/trails the better. I'll definitely look at the Boyers event and will probably drop by.

This may sound totally backwards, but if you are just learning basic turns and starting/stopping. (And assuming you don't have your own large open field to practice in...)
You might be better off going to a MX track a few times. Putting around some easy tracks will be good practice. Its a controlled environment and the tracks are usually groomed at least somewhat well.
But get your basic skills down and come out on some trail rides!
Will do! Thanks man.