I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New Guy - Leesburg, VA

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: New Guy - Leesburg, VA

Post by Laoch »

BoltAction wrote:Ok, so a 250cc it is. Now I just have to figure out which one, and then figure out all the other gear, etc. I need to get. Have you seen how many different riding boots are on the market?
Ask about oil :lol2:

KLX 250 gets my vote.

Read----> http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/11/15784/ ... otout.aspx
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

dirtygrunt wrote:Ask about oil :lol2:
you want some quiet time, eh? :dirtdog: :harhar:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
BoltAction
DAMN n00b

Post by BoltAction »

Interesting on the KLX250. What do you like about the Kawasaki over the Honda or Yamaha?

Oil sounds like a sore subject... I'll steer clear on that one,

Can anyone recommend a good local shop to check out helmets and other necessary stuff?--Or do I need to drive up to Philadelphia to shop at Revzilla?
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Check out our site sponsor JT Motorsports (see banner at the top of the page). Another awesome shop to deal with and will be able to get you anything you need. Make sure you mention your a DAMN Rider when you stop by. You may just walk away with a bike at the same time...

Also

Check out Dual Sport Armory (35 minutes from you) over in Winchester, VA. Small shop but has everything you need and then some. Everyone at the shop is awesome and they have done quite a few of our suspensions over there.

http://www.dualsportarmory.com/
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

JT is good about sponsoring events, as is DSA.
JT has a pretty decent selection of gear, but it's hard for a local shop to keep everything in stock.
DSA is focusing more on suspension and the mail order side of the house right now. He can get it for you, but if you want to try it on, well, not so much. He's currently between storefronts.
Motorcycle Factory Inc in Woodbridge is also worth checking out. I haven't been there personally, but a lot of guys in WATR seem to like them.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

stretchride wrote:Welcome, there may be more riding relatively close to you than you think, including multi-day camping type routes such as the "Blue Ridge Trail (BRT)" detailed here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=632804

That page says "Distribution of the file(s) is on hold."

Know anything about this, or know anyone with the files?

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

phoo wrote:That page says "Distribution of the file(s) is on hold."

Know anything about this, or know anyone with the files?

Thanks,

~Patrick
I have it, but we've been asked not to distribute it as part of the agreement for receiving it. I could probably be convinced to do a ride after hunting season closes.

You are down in the Dunkle Hollow/Reddish Knob area before you are off of much more than gravel roads.

EC's explanation: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthre ... st24720921
Holy shit-storm batman!

Everybody have a stiff drink or three and relax!

My reasons for putting distro on hold are two fold. The main one is that I'm bouncing around the West in my old Land Cruiser thru September and don't want to be bothered. The other is that I was getting cryptic, aggro requests from folks that omitted contact information, wanted hand holding, general idiocy etc.

I really appreciate folks like WayneJ, StuartV and JDRocks sticking up for my ask not to distro the files. It was a lot of work to construct and includes some sensitive right of ways that don't need undue attention.
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Big bird road it. The files are on hold until the guy gets them redone with a few changes. He also went on a long vacation around the us this summer. Error code is a good stand up guy and will update it soon.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Always with people acting like they're owed something when they get something for free. ><
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200