I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Downtime 1/24/2015

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Downtime 1/24/2015

Post by Rut Row »

sorry about that folks. I tried to upgrade to the latest version and it failed. Fortunately I was smart enough to backup everything first. :foul:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Downtime 1/24/2015

Post by juddspaintballs »

Jesus and Satan have a discussion as to who is the better programmer. This goes on for a few hours until they come to an agreement to hold a contest, with God as the judge.

They sit themselves at their computers and begin. They type furiously, lines of code streaming up the screen, for several hours straight. Seconds before the end of the competition, a bolt of lightning strikes, taking out the electricity. Moments later, the power is restored, and God announces that the contest is over.

He asks Satan to show what he has come up with. Satan is visibly upset, and cries, "I have nothing. I lost it all when the power went out."

"Very well, then," says God, "let us see if Jesus fared any better."

Jesus enters a command, and the screen comes to life in vivid display, the voices of an angelic choir pour forth from the speakers. Satan is astonished.

He stutters, "B-b-but how? I lost everything, yet Jesus' program is intact. How did he do it?"

God smiled all-knowingly, "Jesus saves."
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Downtime 1/24/2015

Post by Wingfixer »

HA! I'll have to tell that one to my, retired programmer, father!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.