I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hi from the new guy

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
KTM207
DAMN n00b

Hi from the new guy

Post by KTM207 »

Just scored '16 690 enduro and first-ever Garmin (montana). Ridden off road for 45 yrs. Live in Silver Spring and looking for dirt and GPS veterans. Glad to find damnriders. Any suggestions for what comes next?
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Hi from the new guy

Post by Bucho »

Hi new guy. Im in the slow process of rebuilding my 650 (waiting on DAMN parts!). Im looking forward to some fun dualsporting later this season.
Learning to use my gps is one of my goals this year too.

If you want some nice offroad bring your bike out to Grandville's ride in western md next month.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

welcome Steve! Steve is way too modest. He has been a HUGE help getting offroad trails in Maryland. I've heard he knows how to handle that 690 too.

Keep an eye on the calendar Steve. Be sure you make the next ride at Granville's April 16-17.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Welcome! I work in silver spring (FDA). If you get up early (I hit New Hampshire Ave around 5:20) you may have seen me on one of my street bikes...
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Welcome and enjoy the fun.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Welcome KTM207 !!

Congratulations on the 690!! I really like that bike!! Im heading up to Tennessee for March Moto Madness if your up for a weekend trip? There is a thread on DAMN rides for march moto madness that has the details. If your not up for that Im always game for some dual sport riding especially with weather like today.

Glenduro
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
KTM207
DAMN n00b

Post by KTM207 »

Thanks a bunch for the warm welcome. I'm dual sporting from Phoenix, MD this Saturday before spectating the Candytown MC Club vintage Hare Scrambles in PA on Sunday. Anyone who can suggest dirt roads in NE MD, and better yet join me on Saturday, will be greatly appreciated.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

KTM207 wrote:Thanks a bunch for the warm welcome. I'm dual sporting from Phoenix, MD this Saturday before spectating the Candytown MC Club vintage Hare Scrambles in PA on Sunday. Anyone who can suggest dirt roads in NE MD, and better yet join me on Saturday, will be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the DAMN forum. If you are coming to Candytown this sunday you will be seeing the vintage trials event, not the scrambles. Should be a good showing of DAMN riders at Candytown on old and new trials bikes....I will be one of them
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr