I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New member in Bethesda MD

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Discless
DAMN n00b

New member in Bethesda MD

Post by Discless »

Howdy DAMN Riders! I am excited about joining this group to get to know some local riders and do some DAMN dual sporting! So, I've done a fair amount of dual sporting in the past, but not exactly ahem entirely legally. You see I am (and have been for more decades than I will admit) a straight off-roader or straight on-roader. Mostly. My primary ride is a KTM 300XC with 450XCF, 505XCF and CR500 preceding it. For road work I use a VFR800. So as I approach advanced age where I no longer want to run an unlicensed 450XCF with a headlight and a VFR tag at Dirty Dabbers Mill Hall DS or Shenandoah 500 on a CR500 (!), I just bought a big red pig. (XR650L).
I hope to have it sorted in a few more weeks, as it was equipped, well, not the way I would have it. The 5.8 gallon barrel Acerbis tank has been ebay-ed and exchanged for a sensible 4.0 gallon IMS tank. Currently have ejected the battery suitcase and fitting contents under seat. A couple other tidys and it'll be ready to roll.
So I'll be on lookout for some planned rides. Doesn't matter where as long as its good! I'm accustomed to trailering for couple hours to run the XC so looking forward to meeting many of you.

Discless
2015 XR650L Tractor :beathorse:
2016 300XC Ripper :whoop:
2005 VFR800 Ground Rocket :kali:
Discless
'15 XR650L
'16 300XC
'05 VFR800
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: New member in Bethesda MD

Post by Laoch »

Welcome. Couple folks here ride BRPs. Look out for ds rides north of the border. Perfect brp stuff.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Discless
DAMN n00b

Post by Discless »

Thanks Laoch! I'll presume youre talking Mason Dixon border and not Canada. :-) I have ridden some trail in Canada, not bad... but the season without black flies is short! PA has some excellent real estate; I hailed out of Hanover from '02-'14.
Discless
'15 XR650L
'16 300XC
'05 VFR800
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Howdy NewGuy. We will try to be better about posting up for our "casual" backroad/dirtroad/dualsport rides.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

And Hanover is where I am Lol.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

:welcome:

you'll fit in here just fine :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Welcome however you moved the wrong direction as PA has the majority of riding. If you ever have the itch to play with those silly little bikes with no seat we have a few goofballs on here that can help out with that addiction also. :thumbup:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Discless
DAMN n00b

Post by Discless »

I know I moved in the wrong direction! Back when I was younger, I lived near the riding and commuted 200 miles/day to work. I wore out many cars and meself. Now I live near work and have a bit of commute to go riding. Clearly my priorities are flawed. :knary:
Discless
'15 XR650L
'16 300XC
'05 VFR800
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Welcome. I work very close to you.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Welcome! I pass by bethesda on my way to work (silver spring). I don't live or work close to riding. Worst of both worlds?