I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sykesville Carroll county bikes stolen 6/20 UPDATE

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Sykesville Carroll county bikes stolen 6/20

Post by Wingfixer »

Ride On Moto in Winchester got hit twice a month or so back and a couple weeks before that. Ridersville was hit the week before the reunion ride. The owner (Wayne?) chased them into a field and recovered a few of the bikes. The worthless shits where in a stolen uhaul (that got stuck) and another pickup that did get away. He got hi res video of them on the store cameras and cell phone video from the chase (his wife was in the truck with him). It turns out there is no police presence in Berkeley springs from after midnight until 6am! 😳
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Did they get a tag number?

Perhaps we do an “afterhours” DAMN outing...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:35 pm It turns out there is no police presence in Berkeley springs from after midnight until 6am! 😳

NOW you tell me...

I saw the signs in Harold's store the other day that dirt bikes were now kept off-site. It's sad, but I understand. With the money he's spent on showrooms, I wouldn't be surprised if he built a caged showroom for them at some point.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I wonder if there isn't a way to booby trap the dirt bikes or even the whole showroom when they lock up for the night. Have you guys seen the video of the booby trap inventor that created a package trap for people who steal Amazon boxes off front porches? Something like that only much more painful. Maybe sit a prime dirt bike near the exit with a taser shocker on it that get's armed when the lights go out.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

Unfortunately booby traps that may injure someone are illegal or I’d be getting my hands on some claymores...
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Incendiary device = No remains = No evidence = No crime
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

Internet trip wire device
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

Fwiw i just picked up one of these for an e-bike i've been having fun with recently. I figured i could use it on the gas bikes as well if i felt the need... thieves hate noise and attention

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

stretchride wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:01 pm thieves hate noise and attention
That's true. As a naive country boy/teenager going to PG comm coll I had an older guy tell me he was a janitor and ask for a ride. I said ok and we set off. He seemed unsure of the route to his home and kept changing which way he wanted me to go. Eventually he had me pull onto a side road off of central ave (still no alarms going off inside my naive head). When I stopped he tried to pull the key out and we wrestled over it for a couple minutes before I realized I had a secret weapon - I laid on the horn. He took off running like lightning. Turns out he just wanted my car. Who wouldn't? It was a 78 buick lesabre... :killingme:
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

Figured I’d give everyone and update. They caught a 17yr old Baltimore on my bike 4 days after the theft.

They did nearly 1k of damage to the bike.
Removed VIN
Scratch up plastics
Remove graphics
Removed skids and guards
Blew fork seals
Roaches some bearings
Blew counter seal
Clearly did burnouts due to how destroyed the tire looks.
Random bolts missing or semi backed out. Like they wanted it to fall apart while riding.

But she fired up and felt fine compression wise.

Funny part was the impound lot said “it didn’t look too bad.” When I saw it I was like what the phuck are you talking about?!

Not funny part is I had to pay 300 for my own bike....

1 down, 2 to go