I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sykesville Carroll county bikes stolen 6/20 UPDATE

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Sykesville Carroll county bikes stolen 6/20

Post by Bucho »

Joker wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:40 am Figured I’d give everyone and update. They caught a 17yr old Baltimore on my bike 4 days after the theft.

They did nearly 1k of damage to the bike.
Removed VIN
Scratch up plastics
Remove graphics
Removed skids and guards
Blew fork seals
Roaches some bearings
Blew counter seal
Clearly did burnouts due to how destroyed the tire looks.
Random bolts missing or semi backed out. Like they wanted it to fall apart while riding.

But she fired up and felt fine compression wise.

Funny part was the impound lot said “it didn’t look too bad.” When I saw it I was like what the phuck are you talking about?!

Not funny part is I had to pay 300 for my own bike....

1 down, 2 to go

Its all relative.
“Didnt look too bad”, compared to what they are used to seeing

Worse part is the lack of consequences for the person who was riding it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Re: Sykesville Carroll county bikes stolen 6/20 UPDATE

Post by Taylor »

Unless you personally see who steals anything, it’s a waste of time calling the police. Unless of course you have it insured. We have had many things stolen from job sites and even if the police find out who has it they say they found it on the side of the road. Good luck getting your other bikes back.
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Joker wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:40 am Not funny part is I had to pay 300 for my own bike....
the impound lot crap is such a scam. :frustrated:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Joker wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:40 am Funny part was the impound lot said “it didn’t look too bad.” When I saw it I was like what the phuck are you talking about?!

1 down, 2 to go
At least you found out it was in the impound lot! When Kathy got her Honda 150 back it was only because another rider happened to see it in the impound lot when he was looking for his bike. It turned out Kathy's 150 had been in the lot for nearly 2 years, no one bothered to contact her...
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Wingfixer wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:43 pm
Joker wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:40 am Funny part was the impound lot said “it didn’t look too bad.” When I saw it I was like what the phuck are you talking about?!

1 down, 2 to go
At least you found out it was in the impound lot! When Kathy got her Honda 150 back it was only because another rider happened to see it in the impound lot when he was looking for his bike. It turned out Kathy's 150 had been in the lot for nearly 2 years, no one bothered to contact her...
Hopefully you didn't have to pay by the day to get that bike back!

My mom worked part-time at a mall. She came out one evening and her car was gone. Called the police, filed the report. After a couple of weeks, we got tired of renting her a car and I found her a great deal on another car. The very next day after we brought that car home, the police said they found her car with the window smashed out sitting in the lot on the other side of the mall. They think they stole it, rode it around the lot until they found something better and swapped it leaving it sitting there. What's eff'd up is that her car sat there in the mall parking lot with a smashed window and no one bothered to report it or if they did, do anything about it. The silver lining is that we sold the car we'd just bought for more than we bought it for by enough to fix the damage that the thieves did to her car.

I'm actually shocked that the police thought enough to call you about your bike given everything that they had done to it. I'm very surprised the system works that well.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Glad to hear you got one bike back and in running condition. You might want to look into recreational vehicle insurance. I had some non-tagged dirt bikes on a progressive policy before... It was pretty cheap but I also had street bikes with them.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Marylander wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:01 pm Glad to hear you got one bike back and in running condition. You might want to look into recreational vehicle insurance. I had some non-tagged dirt bikes on a progressive policy before... It was pretty cheap but I also had street bikes with them.
All my bikes are tagged. I just have liability and theft. Pretty cheap
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

Bike number 2 is ready for pick up at the impound lot. Based on their Facebook ad the bikes looks perfectly fine.

1 more left to come home
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

The cops found it being advertised on Facebook?

That must mean there is a person/name.... any arrests??
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

BamBam wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:43 pm The cops found it being advertised on Facebook?

That must mean there is a person/name.... any arrests??
I was cruising Facebook market place and there it was. The cops knew the person selling the bike from priors.