I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

She's back!...well almost.

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

She's back!...well almost.

Post by Grady »

I've been out of the scene for a while, so I figured I'd reintroduce myself. I started off riding with the DAMN crew back in '07 or '08 om my 1998 TE610. A few years later the 610 began to have engine failure, and I wanted an easy button, so I switched to an '06 TE510. Life changed as did my priorities, and riding moved to a back burner. The 610 was in multiple bins and boxes, and the other bikes just sat in the shed. Eventually the other bikes were sold, but I held onto the 610. I had such a love hate relationship with it, I just couldn't bring myself to let it go.
Two kids later and I started to get the itch again. Fellow DAMN rider Junior offered to take my bins of parts and reassembled the engine for me. New piston, rings, gaskets, guides and a few other things, and now shes running smooth again. I still have some work to do, but now its all the simple stuff.
This bike has worked me over and worn me out (along with quite a few other DAMN guys) but I can't wait to be back on her and out there with you all again. She's as stubborn and ignorant as she ever was, but I never smiled as big on any other bike I've owned.
PicsArt_09-02-02.41.41.jpg
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: She's back!...well almost.

Post by Bucho »

AWESOME!!!!

Glad to hear. I remember the old bike. I remember a time in NJ where I took a turn kick starting it. Weird left side kicker.

Cant wait to see you on a ride!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

That's awesome! I remember your saint of a wife bringing you a spare engine for it and doing the swap camp fire side at Greenville! Good times!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

:thumbup:
Bruce