I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New Member Intro

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
mneddo12
DAMN n00b

New Member Intro

Post by mneddo12 »

Hi All,

I'm just a simple guy from the Eastern Shore of Maryland that loves some good single track! I typically ride with a group of 4-6 other guys and we can normally be found at FRO or Buffalo Mountain at HMT. My 2 wheeled machine of choice is a 2019 Husky TE 250i or in rare cases a 1999 Yamaha YZ 250 if I feel the need to kick it old school.

May potentially be headed to FRO, Lost Trails or Mountain Ridge this weekend (May 9-10). Any recommendations? FRO is the only one I am familiar with but would like to try Lost Trails or Mountain Ridge soon to see what kind of single track they have to offer.

Thanks in advance DAMN fam!

Regards,
Madison
Madison
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
1999 Yamaha YZ 250
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: New Member Intro

Post by Skinny-J »

Hi Madison,

From one single track junkie to another, Welcome!

Don't know if you saw this thread but a bunch of us are heading to Mountain Ridge next weekend 5/15-17. Come on out, we know where the good single track is: DAMN Reunion at Mountain Ridge 5/15- 17

There is also a contingent of us that ride FRO once a month. Next ride is looking like Sat 5/30. Shoot me your email if you are interested in hooking up with us.

BTW, I dig the YZ. I have an 04 myself.

Later,
SJ
mneddo12
DAMN n00b

Post by mneddo12 »

Appreciate the warm welcome SJ. I will definitely let the DAMN community know in the other thread if I will be up to Mountain Ridge 5/15, sounds like a blast. Also saw some videos on youtube of some past reunions, seems to be a really good group we have on here.
I'll shoot ya an email for 5/30 at FRO, I should be able to make it up there for a day trip with a few others.

As an FYI to anyone, just got this from Brian from FRO a few minutes ago if anyone had plans to ride FRO this weekend...

"I am sorry to inform you but we might not be completely opening May 8th. We are most likely going to be opening our property in Northumberland county the 8th and then open the remainder of the property at a later date. We are going to make an announcement hopefully by the end of the day. We will notify everyone via email, and social media. I apologize for the inconvenience. We were given approval on April 28th to open the entire park May 8th by governor Wolfs office and then informed yesterday they informed us that we would not be allowed to do so."
Madison
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
1999 Yamaha YZ 250
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Welcome. SJ is a good ST hook up.
Mtn Ridge has the ST trails marked. This early they will be fresh. They are open on the 8th.
FRO you need to know somebody to follow or you’ll be floundering and maybe miss the good stuff. Only half open or something right now.
Bruce
mneddo12
DAMN n00b

Post by mneddo12 »

Thanks for the welcome Bruce. Yeah I've hit MOST of the Darkwater tract ST's at FRO, but I'm sure there's still a good bit that I am yet to see. I might take a ride on to some of their northern tracts that are open just to knock the rust off, it's been since February since I've rode. Anyone ever try The Lost Trails? Do they have any STs, and if so is it worth the trip?
Madison
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
1999 Yamaha YZ 250
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Welcome new guy! SkinnyJ definitely knows his way around single track, try to hook up w/ his rides.

The single track at MountainRidge is pretty good. Some cool more technical spots and a few faster spots too.
I've never been to Lost Trails.

Hope to see you at some DAMN outings.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Welcome!

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM