I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

The Cota Lives!

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

The Cota Lives!

Post by Rut Row »

It LIVES! but there is still a lot to do.

[youtube][/youtube]

next on the list figure out how to raise the handle bars -- 3' would be nice :lol2:

I did a few figure 8s in the yard. The steering is so loose it was unnerving at first. The new pegs feel good. I think I'm going to like this.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: The Cota Lives!

Post by Bucho »

Neat
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Kyler wrote:It LIVES! but there is still a lot to do.

[youtube][/youtube]

next on the list figure out how to raise the handle bars -- 3' would be nice :lol2:

I did a few figure 8s in the yard. The steering is so loose it was unnerving at first. The new pegs feel good. I think I'm going to like this.
Try riding a while before you raise the bars. You may discover that as your technique improves you find it unnecessary.

Wide bars and very quick steering by design feels way strange at first. It seemed more pronounced on a couple of old Montesa's I rode. I think that's "normal."

Hopefully that big rear grab handle is removable. It's going to get in your way on down hills.

Very glad that you're making progress. I think yer gonna love it. :thumbup:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

motojunky wrote:Hopefully that big rear grab handle is removable. It's going to get in your way on down hills
It is but don't forget I'm a pretty tall person. It may not be in the way.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Boom Boom's suggestion of rolling the bars forward just a few degrees on my ktm totally fixed my need to install bar risers, and I'm also eleventy feet tall.

Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

phoo wrote:Boom Boom's suggestion of rolling the bars forward just a few degrees on my ktm totally fixed my need to install bar risers, and I'm also eleventy feet tall.
these bars were already rolled forward. It felt like my ass was higher than my shoulders and started worrying when my gay neighbor came out to watch me ride :poser:

Dan Barrick has a set of stock Montesa bar risers he's giving me. :deal:
Ken
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Why do guys who think just 'cause a guy lives on the other side of the fence he wants you?
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

anotherguy wrote:Why do guys who think just 'cause a guy lives on the other side of the fence he wants you?
I hate to say this, but I have been propositioned. The first time in 1972 by another guy in the barracks. So it does happen.
Ken
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

So one guy in millions is desperate enough to ask and automatically the rest will follow suit? Please.
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

Hey Ken,
We need pics of your stance, with the old bars!! :harhar:
You want to borrow my helmet??? :poser:
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r