I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2007 Sherco 2.5 - Got the seals - Now I need a bushing :(

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

2007 Sherco 2.5 - Got the seals - Now I need a bushing :(

Post by Ovo »

With Maryland Mototrial closed - I am trying to find a place to buy some new fork seals. I checked Ryan Youngs page, didnt see anything there. So if anyone has the a lead, please let me know.

Thanks
Last edited by Ovo on Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: WTB: Fork Seals for 2007 Sherco 2.5

Post by Boom Boom »

Just call RYP, odds are Ryan will answer.
He will have anything you need and will ship out the same day.
Did you check out the tech section on Sherco USA site with fork rebuild info?
Also have Ryan send you one of his seal drivers, only a couple bucks and worth every cent.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

ok thanks Boom!
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Ditto to what BoomBoom says.

In general, just about all of the trials shops are best dealt with via phone.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Well got the seals from RYP, and got Tom doing my forks. He let me know he got one side done and now the other side I need the top bushing. Sherco Part R133 - Come to find out Paioli Ceriani is not out of business and you can not get this bushing anywhere on the net. I have looked far and wide.

So question to the masses - Do you know of any place on the net I can look for this?

Here is the part I need:
http://www.splatshop.co.uk/sherco-fork-bush-top.html
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 2007 Sherco 2.5 - Got the seals - Now I need a bushing :

Post by Boom Boom »

You spoke to Ryan and he doesn't have or can not get the part?

I know Longboardr has ordered from the Splat Shop and seemed happy with the service. If a small part the shipping is even reasonable.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Yeah I spoke to Ryan and he said that company went out of business and we don't carry that part, plus he said its hard to destroy. Guessing my mountain bike hasn't let me loose the pounds I wanted it too. Nofives.com had it available on their site, so I paid the 30 something dollars and 12 in shipping (for a bushing), only to get the email today from them, their distributor does not carry this part anymore. Splatshop is out of stock.

Tom the guy doing my forks is a great guy and he keeps me positive, letting me know all is not dead yet, but at this point I am thinking what forks can I swap or just part the DAMN thing out and be done with it.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

IMHO just install the new seals and ride it.
I understand suspension guys wanting to make everything perfect and if a little coating is worn off a part that is cause for replacement.
The fork angle on a trials bike is so much steeper than a MX or enduro bike that the lateral pressure on a bushing is much less.
Also your forks on the trials bike get far less work out than on a enduro bike at speed adjusting for every bump in the road. With our size the trials bike is normally part way into the stroke just hauling us around.
If you continue to eat seals then you do have more bushing wear then allowable.
problem is most guys never change fork oil and the oil turns into lapping compound and just wears the internals.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

I found this at ThumperTalk'
"The inner and outer bushings and fork seals from those forks and the 2000 - present XR650 will work on the 46mm RSU Paioli's." See http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/479876 ... -rsu-fork/

If this post makes any sense at all, then it should be freekin easy to find XR650 bushings.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Boom Boom wrote:IMHO just install the new seals and ride it.
I understand suspension guys wanting to make everything perfect and if a little coating is worn off a part that is cause for replacement.
The fork angle on a trials bike is so much steeper than a MX or enduro bike that the lateral pressure on a bushing is much less.
Also your forks on the trials bike get far less work out than on a enduro bike at speed adjusting for every bump in the road. With our size the trials bike is normally part way into the stroke just hauling us around.
If you continue to eat seals then you do have more bushing wear then allowable.
problem is most guys never change fork oil and the oil turns into lapping compound and just wears the internals.
Yeah thats what we did - I'll just ride it for now and see how it holds up.

Thanks Boom.

Billy - I looked around but I think the bushings are to big from XR650R, they all seems to have a larger outer diameter than the Sherco fork.

Thanks for looking guys! I'll pick them up tonight...its been educational to say the least.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S