I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Collar bone fix

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Collar bone fix

Post by juddspaintballs »

I don't know why some docs even use staples these days. The skin glue works so much better.

Buy your own staple remover and do it yourself.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

thetable wrote:Worst part about staples...
When they pull out a big pair of pliers to pull them out.

When mine came out, I said something to the effect of, "WTF do you think you're doing!" It didn't hurt, but it did freak me out.
nothing to it. I always remove the staples after my wife's surgeries.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

I need to see the doctor on Wednesday anyway to check xrays, ect... So I'll let him pull em out. I aint skeered :thumbup:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

juddspaintballs wrote:I don't know why some docs even use staples these days. The skin glue works so much better.
Depends on location, depth, local protocols, etc. And what the Doc is comfortable with. I have seen the same procedure done by different Docs and all used different closing methods: sutures, staples, glue and/or steri -strips.

Speedy recovery J :thumbup: Hit that PT hard.
Bruce
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

thetable wrote:Worst part about staples...
When they pull out a big pair of pliers to pull them out.

When mine came out, I said something to the effect of, "WTF do you think you're doing!" It didn't hurt, but it did freak me out.
Yeah, when they took mine out with the "special tool" which worked about as well as a crack addict with a letter openener, my skin being pulled looked like I was being attacked by an eagle. I hated it and said "this is really an improvement over sutures? This is the best you can do? How come this special tool doesnt' really work does it?'
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

:huh:

I told you I aint skeered..... I'm trying to stick with that :dry:
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

J&J wrote::huh:

I still had so much bone pain from my plates and screws, I didn't feel much more than a tugging on my skin when the staples came out. I just had a freak out moment, with, "you're going to do what with what? Don't I get any numbing?"
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

thetable wrote:
J&J wrote::huh:

I still had so much bone pain from my plates and screws, I didn't feel much more than a tugging on my skin when the staples came out. I just had a freak out moment, with, "you're going to do what with what? Don't I get any numbing?"
Jay - dude, come see me. I have this down to an art. :deal:

First the anesthesia (usually I drink 5-6 beers immediately before the procedure). Then I clean the removal tool (pouring beer over it seems to work well). Then I insert ear plugs (I hate to listen to the screaming). Then I use bike tie-downs to restrain the patient and remove the staples. :killingme:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

:poser:

I'll be sure to pass along your proven methods to the nurse!
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Staples are way better than stitches that have been in there for months. I cut a couple fingers off when I was a kid and some of the stitches were in for 10 weeks. Dr. told me to soak the hand for 2 days in warm water before coming in to get the last ones out. Hurt as bad as it did when they reattached the fingers. Bled like a mofo.

The staples from the last knee surgery were a breeze compared to that. Just made the last payment for that today as a matter of fact.