I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2 stroke pipe repair

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

2 stroke pipe repair

Post by Marylander »

I've got three kx250 expansion chambers that I've smushed up, twisted, and generally abused. I'm all out of spares so it's time to get them fixed up. Anyone have a place you would recommend? I've had Fusion One bookmarked for years but have never used them (or anyone else). One of these pipes is a Gnarly that I rendered unusable the very first time I had it on the bike (brand new pipe). ;)
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 2 stroke pipe repair

Post by juddspaintballs »

I've never used them either, but I've heard good things about Fusion One as well.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

I knocked some dents out of a cr85 pipe by drilling a hole on the backside & using a dowel & hammer, then welded the hole up.
Didn't know you could send em out :shrug:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

If you want to DIY, you can weld washers to the dents and slide hammer them out, but that only works for simple dings. Send them away and I hear they come back almost like new.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

You fill it with water and plug each end. Put it in the freezer.
Ive heard it done. Never tried it personally.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Pacific Crest Pipe Repair. $60 and shipping with a money back guarantee. Been using them off and on for decades.

Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

The gnarly cannot be home repaired. I hit what I'll call a small boulder and the pipe stopped while the bike and I kept going forward a bit so it is really misaligned. I'll check out pacific crest. Thanks!
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Crushing an FMF Gnarly is.........well............gnarly. Those things are strong. Pacific Crest can handle it.
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Post by jgreene »

Another vote for Pacific Crest. They have resurrected some very crushed and twisted pipes for me. Usually a quick turn around also.
Member R&T Club, and GMER
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

anotherguy wrote:Crushing an FMF Gnarly is.........well............gnarly. Those things are strong. Pacific Crest can handle it.
The important thing is that I kept the bike and myself upright. ;) It was also good to have someone like Chris Alls on the ride as he made the bike rideable for the rest of the day. He was also surprised at how bent up the gnarly was with as tough as they are. I don't think I even used that thing for 10 miles before boogering it up.

I'll be sending the pipes to pacific crest for sure. Just gotta find/make a box. Thanks all!