I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by Wingfixer »

That looks like fun....NOT!!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:31 pm That looks like fun....NOT!!
Trying to remove bolts rusted in place for 35 years has been ... problematic. Kroil and heat is my friend! I'm on my second bottle of propane. Trying to avoid a run up to Praxair to refill my oxy/acetylene bottles.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

No pics...put mower deck on my "Bota and washed it. Got in some farkles for the Husky-mini tach, brake pedal and something else. Small stuff.
Gave SWMBO some riding lessons. I'm getting good at wheelieing (sp?) her Xt. She is working on riding standing up :thumbup: And has figured out that to get to first gear you just keep stomping down :lol2:
Got a Sena 5 set in and that is a cluster. Getting it to fit and work will keep me busy.
Ummmm....oh yeah I put a flywheel weight on my Sherco. Kinda of a pain in the ass. Friggin shifter doesn't fit, had to grind it down. Of course,I had to DAMN near remove the chain, because the shifter is behind the chain, I mean behind. :screwy:
We spent the day yesterday cruising Michaux in the Toyota. I found some new old roads. Can't wait to ride them again.
Bruce
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Installed my grab handles in the van. Love the built in tie down holders made into them

Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Van is looking really nice!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Mower is running and ready for the season. New belts, greased bearings, 2 quarts of Royal Purple SAE30, new oil filter, new air filter, new spark plugs. 4 more horsepower should be able to cut through the thicker parts more easily.

Only two small issues:

The ignition switch on the walk behind doesn't have as many positions in it as the Craftsman mower the motor came out of. I couldn't get the wiring completely figured out. There's something electrical on the bottom of the carburetor and I don't know what it does, but the way things are wired, the battery is charging and the ignition switch works fine on the Toro, but that thing on the bottom of the carburetor draws power with the key off. For now, a battery switch at the battery will work.

I need to buy a longer cable for the choke. I can manually switch it at the carburetor, but I might as well find a longer cable and hook it up to the lever on the bars.

Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Jed that is a fuel shut off solenoid. I believe it shuts off with a spring and should only draw power when on so you should wire accordingly.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I see. Weird thing is, the wire coming off of the motor that is the "positive" side of that circuit is also what charges the battery when connected to the positive side of the battery. The issue there is that when 12v are applied to it, it also powers that fuel shutoff solenoid (which I assume is holding it open). I'll see what I can figure out tomorrow, maybe. Worst case, I'll work some magic with a relay and some extra wires.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

So, this isn't really a project but I did manage to take over one of the bedrooms in the house to use as a music room. My oldest daughter moved out and the younger one claimed that bedroom so I claimed the other one. It's got a loft bed in the room that I made for the young one a few years ago that I've setup with some computer and audio stuff and even did my work from home in there today (I'll have a mattress on it soon too). No room for drums but I bought a piano a few months ago and put my guitars in there. I've now got three places for my stuff: the music room, the garage, and the shed. :cheers:
20200401_151324.jpg
20200401_151351.jpg
20200327_201831.jpg
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I'm not violating any stay at home orders. Ken Kyler dba Kurmudgeon Ken's Forest Maintenance and Landscaping. I have three customers too - me, myself and I. :lol2:

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris