I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by Rut Row »

trialsrider wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:35 am Image

I see the sign on the left, looks like a forest conservation easement. Don't get too close Ken :nono:
The easement doesn't prevent me from having a vehicle in there. I can take the tractor in there for maintenance and also use it for recreation such as trials riding. :deal:

The big nono is during construction keeping the vehicles away from the trees far enough to prevent compaction and root damage. I went round and round with the county and won.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Between yesterday and today:
^^click on for video^^^

That's only been 3 years coming!

Before the test ride I had to clean out 3 years of:
Fuckin mice! Those are the cabin air filters...

Hopefully a test ride tomorrow!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Rut Row wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:18 pm
trialsrider wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:35 am Image

I see the sign on the left, looks like a forest conservation easement. Don't get too close Ken :nono:
The easement doesn't prevent me from having a vehicle in there. I can take the tractor in there for maintenance and also use it for recreation such as trials riding. :deal:

The big nono is during construction keeping the vehicles away from the trees far enough to prevent compaction and root damage. I went round and round with the county and won.
I thought they gave up having easements on peoples private's property? A really bad idea to have to pay for land and then be told you can use this part. In HO CO people would take down signs over time and disregard the restrictions. Ending up in perpetual conflict with county.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Wingfixer wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:46 pm Between yesterday and today:
I have my friends wife's (04) at my house and can't decide whether it would be worth rebuilding/or replacing. I can't believe how much 6 simple apex seals cost not mention the f'n O rings 350 bucks. The car actually runs pretty good. It even starts OK hot. But the compression is a bit low.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I'd be happy to tell you about my attempt at rebuilding the original engine but the short story is, don't. Unless you have the bazzillion bucks worth of specialized tools for measuring the end gaps, side gaps and apex seal depth/tension etc etc etc, you'll never get it right.(Whoda thunk an engine with 3 moving parts could be that complex?!?!?) If yours is a 4 port auto I have really bad news, I bought the last Mazda reman available in North America. You could wait until my core comes back from Japan... I'd be happy to give you the contact info for the company I did get my engine from. They are really nice guys and they're just up the street in northern New Jersey. If I had to do it over again I'da just dropped this pile off with them and stroked them a check!!

As for was it worth it? Dunno, ask me after I've driven it for a while. They are really fun cars to drive, even the "slow" 4 port models.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

The obvious route is LS swap.

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

You have no idea how close I came to doing just that! Junior even has the perfect LS for it. Coupla issues though, I don't have a decent shop (yet) to do that kinda work, just the kit (if you wanna do it right) costs about what the reman rotary ran me and mine's an auto. If (when) I do that swap it's gotta be a hand shaker! :deal:

Of course if Damage wants to do that to his wife's car....I'll bring the beer! And the cutting torch!!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

trialsrider wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:18 am
Rut Row wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:18 pm
trialsrider wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:35 am I see the sign on the left, looks like a forest conservation easement. Don't get too close Ken :nono:

I thought they gave up having easements on peoples private's property? A really bad idea to have to pay for land and then be told you can use this part. In HO CO people would take down signs over time and disregard the restrictions. Ending up in perpetual conflict with county.
it is a State law.
i had to give the easement in order to clear enough land for a house. cost me nearly $8k for forest surveys and all the documentation. :censored:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Wingfixer wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:10 am I'd be happy to tell you about my attempt at rebuilding the original engine but the short story is, don't. Unless you have the bazzillion bucks worth of specialized tools for measuring the end gaps, side gaps and apex seal depth/tension etc etc etc, you'll never get it right.(Whoda thunk an engine with 3 moving parts could be that complex?!?!?) If yours is a 4 port auto I have really bad news, I bought the last Mazda reman available in North America. You could wait until my core comes back from Japan... I'd be happy to give you the contact info for the company I did get my engine from. They are really nice guys and they're just up the street in northern New Jersey. If I had to do it over again I'da just dropped this pile off with them and stroked them a check!!

As for was it worth it? Dunno, ask me after I've driven it for a while. They are really fun cars to drive, even the "slow" 4 port models.
I have no intentions of doing anything with it other then spit shine and for sale sign.
'06 VTX1300r
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

What did you work on today?

Post by Damage Inc. »

gots_a_sol wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:14 am The obvious route is LS swap.

If it were mine that would be the only way to go. Don't tell Wing(Pat) but I think they're kinda fugly.
Besides I already have way to many projects and a fun car to drive. That a lot of others think is kinda fugly..Image
'06 VTX1300r